Quantcast

How are the trails @ Cass?

ctrailfreak

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Independence,Mo
Has anyone riden at Cass at all? Is it worth hitten up this fall? I was thinking about headen out this fall and riding both Devils Den and Cass but I'm not too sure how Cass is now.

I don't want to make a 4 hour drive to find out the trails are in bad shape or anything.

Feb 20, 2004
Oklahoma
Has anyone riden at Cass at all? Is it worth hitten up this fall? I was thinking about headen out this fall and riding both Devils Den and Cass but I'm not too sure how Cass is now.

I don't want to make a 4 hour drive to find out the trails are in bad shape or anything.
Its only 45 minutes from DD to Cass so if it sucks you can go to DD.

Last time I was there there was a really large tree across the trail at the big drop. I can not imagine that it is in good shape now.

ctrailfreak

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Independence,Mo
I'd hoped it would be in good shape still. That's a fun course for speed, And I like the steep sections at Cass,but I like DD too. I hear that their building more trail at DD also..... "but they took out all the stunts".

cannondalejunky

ease dropper
Jun 19, 2005
Arkansas
I'd hoped it would be in good shape still. That's a fun course for speed, And I like the steep sections at Cass,but I like DD too. I hear that their building more trail at DD also..... "but they took out all the stunts".
yeah a guy got hurt pretty bad last year at the race, so i think thats y they're gettin rid of the stunts

Feb 20, 2004
Oklahoma
yeah a guy got hurt pretty bad last year at the race, so i think thats y they're gettin rid of the stunts
They waited nearly a year to get rid of the stunts... I think it was in preparation for the race.

If we could get a group out to Cass we could clear the trail pretty fast and have quite a lot of time to ride.

Ctrail, what is you real name? I know you post on TFR too but I can't place the face. Were you at the race at DD this year?

A few of us from OKC are going to be at DD next weekend. Come on over.

BTW, This is Clifton

ctrailfreak

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Independence,Mo
My name's Chris... I'm the 6'8" guy that had the orange Kona Stinky with a 66 on it at DD when we had the big group ride/ camp at Devils Den last year. I rode down with Nate and Vanessa.

I'm also the guy that started the time,"Top of the Hill at Cass" for the race that Freeride Lounge held year before last.

kiwiintexas

Chimp
Nov 30, 2005
Clifty,
we were talking about building a bridge drop type thing over the log at Cass next time we get out there. It wouldnt take much, probably with a few people maybe half an hour.