Savage_Animal

Monkey
Feb 3, 2008
Norcal
Lets see.
-Take off the bash gaurd
-new tires (I love Kenda small block 8)
-Probly should get new wheels eventualy
-If you ever have any problems with that fork or if you the mony just get rid of it right away
-lighter stem + bar combo

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
the stock P1 is a rad bike. i wouldnt worry about it. ride it till something breaks and then 'upgrade' that !

JGill

Monkey
Jul 7, 2008
Norman, OK
Wow, no P knocks... Nice! Ride a P1 myself and found the only weak spots are the rims and fork. I laced pimplites to the stock hubs and tey are golden. Still have the fork, it will do until my 20 gets here.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
if it were me i would start with a new fork: something 80mm or shorter and of much igher quality (fox, high end marz, rock shox, manitou etc)
then new rims or wheels. cant go wrong with anything from mavic (the 721 or whatever it is called these days is killer)
new bar and stem
cranks
then seatpost and seat

DirtBag

Monkey
Feb 1, 2006
^ There's one!
Haha. Yes indeed.

I really disliked all the p.series bikes from first inception through 2008. I mean the geometries are not ideal, heavy, sizing is all off, bb about 5 inches off the ground - the list goes on. Not to mention that Specialized puts on all of their own parts which suck. I mean they really suck.

However after looking at the geometry of the 09' line-up at least they have moved the geometries towards the norm. They still have a lot more to go but at least they are better. Unfortunately though they are way overpriced still. You can get a lot more bike for the same price IMO.

Take the 09' p.3 for example at $1,650. 90 % of the parts are Specialized. There is really nothing special about it. Even if the build kit cost you $1k (which it would not) the frame still costs $650?? For what?? Jesus. I could custom build a far superior bike for the same or less and have brand name parts. And it would weigh less. But they sell bikes left and right at those prices so more power to them.

sealclubber

Monkey
Nov 21, 2007
rims are very weak, i have to retrue them after every few rides.

**** up on a 180 and the wheel is torched