Quantcast

How Can It Rain This Opening Weekend

rfx_turner

Chimp
Jul 10, 2007
Not sure if your all heard but it's gonna be a rain out weekend - which means the the lifts at Diablo will probably not be running. Is anyone going up anyways just for the hype? Or would the following weekend be more ideal

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
Forecast I'm seeing says a 50% chance of precip... aka "showers."

It is my understanding that lifts are only closed for high wind and/or lightening.

-r

go-ride.com

Monkey
Oct 23, 2001
Salt Lake City, UT
I feel your pain. I woke up this morning to snow in the Salt Lake City Valley. Our biking lifts won't open for at least another month. Even the lower shuttle trails are still pretty much closed. I guess it's back to the desert this weekend for some more moto.

c.o.d51

Monkey
Oct 5, 2005
Not sure if your all heard but it's gonna be a rain out weekend - which means the the lifts at Diablo will probably not be running. Is anyone going up anyways just for the hype? Or would the following weekend be more ideal
Diablo's lift runs in the rain buddy. They close it when they see lightning or hear thunder. But regular rain? And opening weekend? The lift will be running.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I feel your pain. I woke up this morning to snow in the Salt Lake City Valley. Our biking lifts won't open for at least another month. Even the lower shuttle trails are still pretty much closed. I guess it's back to the desert this weekend for some more moto.
For someone that lives as close to green river and moab as you do, I give you no sympathy. :D