Quantcast

How Clueless are you?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I believe this should be an acceptable answer for the following question:

What are the three branches of government?

bureaucratic, military, industry

The rest of it was too long, didn't finish.

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
85%. Missed the Jefferson letters, Greek stuff, Supreme court/Roosevelt, Gettysburg address, and anti-federalists.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
85% too.

Spoilers below
If taxes equal government spending, then:
Your Answer: government debt is zero
Correct Answer: tax per person equals government spending per person on average

Question: Socrates, Plato, Aristotle, and Aquinas would concur that:
Your Answer: all moral and political truth is relative to one’s time and place
Correct Answer: certain permanent moral and political truths are accessible to human reason

Question: The Puritans:
Your Answer: were Catholic missionaries escaping religious persecution
Correct Answer: stressed the sinfulness of all humanity

Question: Free markets typically secure more economic prosperity than government’s centralized planning because:
Your Answer: property rights and contracts are best enforced by the market system
Correct Answer: the price system utilizes more local knowledge of means and ends

Question: What was the source of the following phrase: “Government of the people, by the people, for the people”?
Your Answer: Declaration of Independence
Correct Answer: Gettysburg Address

samnation

Monkey
Jan 25, 2009
Somewhere in KANURDUR
Oh neat 39.39% I'll add that I am Canadian aaaaand because our legal and judicial systems are both entirely different I'll take pride in my failure knowing that I got a least something right...

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
That test is not fair because I'm retarded. I would have scored better if the questions were about 70's era tour de france winners or marijauna or things people actually cared about. You fail....

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
Whoa, just looking at that link again - college educators (I thought it said educated) only scored 55%. That's truly sad.

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008
Beech Mtn Definitely NOT Boulder
Got 10 questions in and had a flashback to my AP U.S. Government class and stopped. I fvcking hated that class. Hated the teacher, hated the material, hated the textbook, hated everything. I knew all the ones I answered though

as for the guaranteed rights question, property was originally included but swapped for pursuit of happiness before the final draft because of the possible interpretation that everyone (white males) was guaranteed property whether or not they could afford it

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
That was a crock of ****, History lesson followed bye "why is the free market amazing"

BTW, easy 100%. Ya'll are strait ignant! Simple history, simple econ, and you wonder why people are letting the government bend us over and screw the economy out of us from behind

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
27/33. Wasn't that careful on a few; didn't know a few (Anti-Federalists and Roosevelt/Supreme Court questions). The only one I was pretty sure of was the "life, liberty and pursuit of happiness" question (I thought it was property).

I think it's interesting that the Puritan question tripped people up. I probably wouldn't have known the answer if they weren't a particular object of fascination for me. Puritans were a lot of things, but certainly not averse to violence or war, when it came down to it.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
22/33 but Im not a US citizen so I guessed in some cases. I find some of the economic questions a bit biased toward the free market junkies but I still thought it would be worse.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
That was a crock of ****, History lesson followed bye "why is the free market amazing"

BTW, easy 100%. Ya'll are strait ignant! Simple history, simple econ, and you wonder why people are letting the government bend us over and screw the economy out of us from behind
Luckily in your case, there was not a spelling and grammar portion.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Luckily in your case, there was not a spelling and grammar portion.
The thing is Montashu is right. The questions were super biased and assummed/suggested that the free market is gods gift to us.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
27/33. Wasn't that careful on a few; didn't know a few (Anti-Federalists and Roosevelt/Supreme Court questions). The only one I was pretty sure of was the "life, liberty and pursuit of happiness" question (I thought it was property).

I think it's interesting that the Puritan question tripped people up. I probably wouldn't have known the answer if they weren't a particular object of fascination for me. Puritans were a lot of things, but certainly not averse to violence or war, when it came down to it.
Pursuit of happiness is referring to property (wrote a 10 pager about it)

C.P.

Monkey
Jan 18, 2004
SouthEastern Massachusetts
Folks, PAY ATTENTION. This ISI (Intercollegiate Studies Institute - an advocacy organization not sponsored by a college or any consortium of colleges) quiz is only trying to advance an ideological agenda...it reeks of the doings of the likes of Koch Brothers... look closer, this thing wants you to question something different than your knowledge of civics and history.