Quantcast

How do I dress for a bike-industry related job interview?

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
I've been applying for professional office jobs lately and applied for a fun-sounding bike industry related job too. I got an interview, but am not sure what to wear. I wore a dressy skirt-suit for the other interviews. What's appropriate for this one where the majority of workers are actually building ( I applied for more of an office job)?

sneakysnake

Monkey
Apr 2, 2006
NC
I would say to wear what you've been wearing to make a good impression, and then ask about dress when you get the job.

I hope that helps

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Are you applying to a bike shop or that J&B open position? Both you could go with the "business casual" look, although the shop it is overkill.

TerraNik

Chimp
Sep 9, 2006
Sydney, NSW, Australia
I normally go by the rule of dressing one step above what you would expect them to wear in the job. It's better to dress up than to be too casual.

I would go with the dressy business type clothes - it makes a better impression than if you wore thongs and a t-shirt (even if that might be what you're allowed to wear on the job).

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I normally go by the rule of dressing one step above what you would expect them to wear in the job. It's better to dress up than to be too casual.

I would go with the dressy business type clothes - it makes a better impression than if you wore thongs and a t-shirt (even if that might be what you're allowed to wear on the job).
Yup! That would be my rule of thumb also!