Quantcast

How do I lower and spring my Gold Label?

gackrider24

Monkey
Jun 4, 2007
NJ
I have asked this before but im still confused.
How do i remove my lowers?
what is the best way to cut the spring and how long?
and where the hell do the spacers go?

thanks for helping a general retard

skiplie

Chimp
Sep 27, 2006
if you cut the spring, it will still be squishy, so i advise not to cut the spring because that is usually why you would lower it. you undo the bolt on the non-rebound side of the bottom of the fork leg. Then you get a small allen wrench ( I think 1.5 or 2mm) and undo the bolt in the middle of the blue rebound knob. Then you pull on the rebound knob to get it to come out. Then grab an 8mm allen wrench and put it into where the blue knob was, turn it clockwise to make it go into the fork leg. once it is in far enough, you can yank the fork legs off. then on the spring side stanchion (the one without the blue knob that was at the end.) you will see a black plastic bolt at the end of the stanchion with a rod going through it, (it is on both sides but only mess with the spring side) get a wrench and unthread the bolt (counter clockwise) until it is all the way out. Pull out the rod with the plastic bolt on it. Then look at the end of the rod (the part that was at the bottom of the fork legs) and you will see a very hard (Rubber?) washer sort of thing. Pull it off, it didn't come off easy when I did it so I had to use a vice to hold it as I pulled freakin hard. once you have that off then you take off everything on the rod (even the bolt with the spring attached) up to and including the first black rubber washer thing that is right after the spring attached to the bolt. this is where you insert spacers ( I used washers from Lowes, some people use rubber hose washers) then you put everything back on the rod in the same order, put back on the bolt and the lowers. Then get back out your 8mm allen wrench and put it into the 8mm bolt that you threaded into the lowers to get them off, turn it counter clockwise to thread it back into the lowers. Then you put the blue knob back in and all the bolts and you are ready to ride.

It has been a while since I took apart my gold label, if you need me to then I can get pictures and step by step instructions, just ask. I asked this same thing a while back and didn't get any good answers so I hope this will help you