Quantcast

How do i paint my bars???

Timekiller

Monkey
Oct 9, 2006
NJ
I actually bought colored electrical shrink tubing... works nicely and does not scratch off... otherwise I would assume a good enamel paint would work.

mshred

Monkey
Aug 6, 2006
sand with whatever sand paper works for you, until you can see the metal, ( took off all paint) then sand with a real fine grit. Get a rattlecan of primer, follow directions on the can, and let dry over night. Then paint several coats over top with another rattle can, any colour, and let dry. put a clear coat on for better protection. well, that was quick, and this site will work for you much better. http://www.bikeguide.org/forums/showthread.php?t=53962&highlight=painting+parts

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
Technical term: Electrical Heat Shrink Tubing

Available at any competent Electrical Supply, although it may add a little too much to the diameter of your bar (depending on the quality of the shrink tubing). Same goes for paint. Another drawback is an increased chance of bar to stem slippage as the shrink tubing does not bond to aluminum (unless you buy the one with an internal adhesive ($$$). Ever think about Anodizing?

eball

Chimp
Apr 11, 2007
You might want to check with your local R/C hobby shop,.

The hobby shop i used to work at had it in every color and size available. Its a very popular item in the R/C Airplane, Helicoper and Car world.

Great Idea by the way