Quantcast

How do you attach an attachment that you'd...

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
attached to a previous message? I want to put up a new message and attach to it an attachment that I'd uploaded on a previous date. I don't see anywhere in the "manage attachment" window that allows you to browse your previously uploaded attachments.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
In the User CP you can look at all your attachments. Look at the left, all the way at the bottom under Misc.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Heidi said:
In the User CP you can look at all your attachments. Look at the left, all the way at the bottom under Misc.
Yeah, I've got that, but there's no where to take one of these images and re-attach it to a new message. I've tried viewing the URL, copying and pasting that into a new message, but all I get is a link, not the image. I've also tried pasting that URL into the "Insert Image" dialog box, but that only produces a link also. I want to be able to take a previous image and have it show up as a thumbnail, just like when you originally attach an images.

Here's what you get when you simply copy-n-paste the url. You get a link:
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=64421

Here's what you get when you use the Insert Image feature. You also only get a link:

Its no big deal, I just thought that through the "Manage Attachments" feature, you should be able to attach a previously uploaded image.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Ridemonkey said:
Can you put that attachment urls in img tags?
Yes, but for some reason, you only get a link to the image, not a thumbnail of the image or the image itself.

Here's what you get when you put the tags around it

[IMG]http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=64421

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Ridemonkey said:
I'm going to look into this....
your forum setup is probably defaulted this so people like PN don't leech your bandwidth.

j/k about PN, he's a good guy, but others would probably link to RM attachments off-site. You might not care tho.