Quantcast

How do you like the southridge course?

Feb 14, 2004
SoCal
Me, I think it's a lil short, but very sweet! I'm okay on everything except that rocky g-out. Need to work on picking a line through that thing.

I havent' been on a bike in a while so a little bit more seat time would make things a hell of a lot better, but I'm gonna have to make do with whatever I get tomorrow. Good Luck with your guy's race runs tomorrow!

Feb 14, 2004
SoCal
Oh and AJ, you definetly need to make it out there man, the course is way too fun. I'm pretty sure you can make it with a rear v brake, the course isn't overly steep anywhere...

ZJChaser

Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Orange County, CA
hahaha...so you talked to Nick today? how'd he do? He is on his way back right now with a new Ringle rear hub in hand for me from JEnson. I'm almost tempted to go and race it without a rear brake tomorrow but I tihnk I'll just head up and bring my camera. hang out for the day, and be a resident mechanic..lol. should be interesting with a 1 run format.

Feb 14, 2004
SoCal
Yeah, one less run for me to mess up lol.

Dude you can totaly make it with a front brake, the course is way easy, bring your bike, you're gonna hate yourself if you don't.

Nick did good, he's faster than me and he's actually getting the line on the g-out.

merrrrjig

Turbo Monkey
Dec 24, 2003
Mammoth Lakes, Ca
I think its pretty good not tech at all and too much off camber, im not racing though, so no prob w/ me. ya that rocky G-out is pretty knarly id say stay as far left as possible. Have a good race

ZJChaser

Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Orange County, CA
I'll be up there tomorrow w/ Nick taking pics. bringing my bike too to ride around but that it. Got my new hub so I can finally get my rear wheel built. see you guys tomorrow.

sod8

Chimp
Dec 10, 2001
Santa Barbara, CA
My girlfriend dropped me off Saturday, the course was very similar to the first time I went there. Knowing what they can make there, the course was not all that exciting, but I was just happy to be out riding. I got a bunch of runs in and had a good time.

Stab Primo

Chimp
Oct 17, 2004
Capistrano Beach in the OC
Hey AJ, did you see that guy and me get stuck behind that little kid half of the course? I think he stole my 1st place, haha. Were you taking pictures? Any good ones of that cool guy on the grey stab primo by chance? :thumb:

ZJChaser

Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Orange County, CA
Hey Johnny..I was standing next to Wes taking pics..my battery died by the time you came down. but ya that totally sucked getting stuck behind that kid. he wouldn't move.

Fonzie18

Turbo Monkey
ZJChaser said:
Hey Johnny..I was standing next to Wes taking pics..my battery died by the time you came down. but ya that totally sucked getting stuck behind that kid. he wouldn't move.
No Friends rocks!!!

I don't think I've met you, but I've heard of you're band while hanging out at the N.F funhouse. Sweet to have more and more peeps rockin' the N.F gear. Most of the crew is heading down to Mexico for a DH race this weekend, you should come down.....All the info is on our website WWW.SOCALSIXPACK.COM

-ALF

ZJChaser

Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Orange County, CA
DOH..If I get my wheelset built in time I might have to do that. Ya I saw you guys riding around on sunday with the black NF wing shirts on. meant to say hi but I was....meh no good excuses..I was lazy. Manny has been really cool with us, I gotta pick up some shirts soon. Thats cool that he was playing our stuff. Anything you heard was probably super old..we'll be recording again next spring hopefully. When we get everything organized and I get my bike in decent working order we'll have to have both groups do some rides too.

PS..congrats on yet another win :D