Quantcast

How do you see the trail?

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
I ride with my regular glasses, I dont have any desire to get contacts and I wouldnt put in a pair just to go for a ride. I might just get a pair of rec specs because between trails and playing sports my glasses get beat pretty badly. The lady who adjusts my glasses knows me pretty well :)

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
luken8r said:
rec specs!
ditto, they are a no name brand frame maker. i have a pair of biker glasses with polycarbonate photo grey lens. The frame is a little over a bill, and i got the polycarb lenses so they won't shatter, and the photo grey so they turn into shades with the sun. The lens will run you another hundred or so.
Very cheap way to go. i also wear them all the time now anyways, and also at work as they double as safety glasses.
i've also worn contacts with bikey glasses and that works ok as well.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
bluebug32 said:
Now it's just a matter of finding out what's economical (my insurance only covers the exam) and then find the best place to go (local dr. or big chain)?
Contacts are really cheap. I wear the disposable kind (2-week then toss) and usually get 4-8 weeks out of them. I think they're around $25 for 6 pair.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
bluebug32 said:
I don't really have the desire to get contacts since I wouldn't really be wearing them for long. I wonder how much it would run to put a pair of photograys in a set of wraparounds?
i used to have Bollé "wraparounds", as you put it, with the Rx lens insert. they were ugly. i think it ran $125 over normal cost?

anyway, these days i just use my regular glasses and bring a lint free cloth along to wipe them off periodically.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
I hate riding with my glasses. Worn my contacts every day for perhaps the last 9 years, no matter what I am doing. With those in all I need is a pair of sunglasses normally and I am good to go.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
SkaredShtles said:
Contacts are really cheap. I wear the disposable kind (2-week then toss) and usually get 4-8 weeks out of them. I think they're around $25 for 6 pair.
Even cheaper when you have your RX in hand and can order them through an internet retailer. By law they are supposed verify your RX, regardless of what you supply information-wise to them.