Quantcast

how hard is it to move to canada, anyways?

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Lived there for a year - lovely city, but damn expensive, crap beer and non existent night life. Also, Charlie Sponsel just declared that the entire North Shore sucks, so you might as well move to Victoria, which isn't a terribly exciting city and pricy as well, but really beautiful and a nice place to raise a family.

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Not really. Firstly you can't get fries like that in the States. Secondly the gravy is awesome, Thirdly the Cheese Kurds in Quebec are the best in the world.
Sheananigans. What kind of fucking magical fries are these?

And green chile >>> gravy (I don't care how good the gravy is)

Cheese curds - I'll just take your word for it...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I in no way condone the drinking of Coors. That was just an example of a """""cheap"""""" beer.

Last time I checked, a 24 case of Heineken was around $50*.

But kegs from some of the micro breweries seem to be decently priced.

Now I want a beer, thanks.

*all of this is based on Ontario information. If you venture over to the wild side of the French, things get better in all the right and wrong ways...

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I am not sure about anywhere that doesn't have good Pizza or Asian food. Like Colorado. Shit you can't even get a good hotdog there.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Yah - we can get good sushi too... that's not high on my list of Asian food requirements, though. Thai is, however.
I guess what I'm saying is that when done right, there is very little better than excellent sushi. And Vancouver has tons of it.

What it doesn't have is lobstah...

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I am not sure about anywhere that doesn't have good Pizza or Asian food. Like Colorado. Shit you can't even get a good hotdog there.
I just found a hot dog cart that usually parks on the corner by the downtown post office on 20th. Vienna dogs, steamed buns, proper toppings including celery salt, like three different mustards. Yum. He also sells HUGE spicy polish and real brats for like $3 ea. For a foodie, there is little I enjoy more than a good motherfucking hot dog.