Quantcast

How long do you wear a pair of shoes?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I am pretty much a bum when it comes to my apearance but I seem to have no problem plunking down a lot of $$ when it comes to shoes. I go through them about every 10 months if they are worn regularly. My right foot points out at about a 45 degree angle so I wear out the outside heel and the inside front of a shoe. I is not worth me getting shoes re-soled because my big toe wears through the inside just as fast as the sole wears.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Westy said:
I am pretty much a bum when it comes to my apearance but I seem to have no problem plunking down a lot of $$ when it comes to shoes. I go through them about every 10 months if they are worn regularly. My right foot points out at about a 45 degree angle so I wear out the outside heel and the inside front of a shoe. I is not worth me getting shoes re-soled because my big toe wears through the inside just as fast as the sole wears.
If any part of your wardrobe is deserving of major $$$ it's your shoes. The foot is the hardest part of the body to fit correctly (harder than the hand) and ill fitting or ill crafted shoes can lead to knee, back, and neck pains. I can't stress enough how important good shoes are.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
I have a zillion pairs of Vans. The thing that pisses me off about them is that the insides wear out way faster than the outside. The liner wears right down to rubber so that they end up removing skin from my feet...and yet the rest of the shoe has at least another 50000 miles left in them

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I wear my Vans until the dog won't sniff them or I can smell them while I am walking around with them on my feet.

They cease being comfortable after 2-3 months

Dirtbike

Monkey
Mar 21, 2005
eastbay
All I wear is skate shoes, and they tend to last about 3-5 months till the fabric behind my heel wears out and the plastic support "structure" rubs my foot.

I dont understand how people are getting a year + out of their shoes :think:

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
'bout a year. after that, i can't stand them. they lose all support. Asics tend to hold up really well for me.