Quantcast

How long have you gone unshowered?

How long have you gone unshowered?

• Total voters

RimJobbed

Monkey
Apr 11, 2006
Define shower. I've been out in the wilderness and taken a wild shower when you use your tent's rain-fly and water over hot rocks to make steam to clean your pores out. If that doesn't count, 7 days.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
A week during a backpacking trip. I did however bring a ziplock back filled with rubbing alcohol and paper shop rags for the adult babywipe showers.

J

JRB

This is where I may seem gay. I take showers first thing in the morning, after any exercise/outside work and most often times before bed. Call me hygenic. That is the only thing I don't like about long camping trips. I also don't like to crap in holes.

jollytime

King of the Kingdom
Jul 1, 2003
Vermont
Mountaineering in Argentina...23 days no shower. I did take sponge baths and used baby wipes on my privates and my feet. Clean feet are key in the mountains!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I used to do a canoing trip during the summer in the Adirondacks for a few years running where we canoed for a week and had no facilities. The last year, we did it for 10 days.

That's the longest I've been without a shower. We swam a lot to get the funk off. I think I stood in the shower for 45 minutes when I got home, felt damn good. Also, you appreciate toilet paper a lot. We would usually bring some but invariably it'd get wet or otherwise destroyed before the end of the trip.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
loco said:
This is where I may seem gay. I take showers first thing in the morning, after any exercise/outside work and most often times before bed. Call me hygenic. That is the only thing I don't like about long camping trips. I also don't like to crap in holes.
You frikkin' nancy boy. :p

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
SkaredShtles said:
And poison ivy leaves just aren't the same, are they? :eek:
We did have a girl do that one year. Fortunately, she did it right at the end of the trip so we didn't have to do anything crazy like air lift her home (we did air lift someone the first year who was stupid and got dangerously dehydrated).

She never did the trip again :think:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
11-14 days here. backpacking.

regularly would go 6-9 days when i was able to take really long climbing trips.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
I Are Baboon said:
What is it with you former military guys not being allowed to bathe while in the service? Were you guys being used as chemical weapons or something? :think:

:blah:
my guess is that it's a critical component of the 'don't ask, don't tell' policy.

sam_little

Monkey
May 18, 2003
Portland, OR
loco said:
Just yesterday you were commenting on how you had more women after you when you returned from a day with the cows. Something about women liking man stink or something...

Are we talking different life phases here, or is there a lie hanging around somewhere?

sam_little

Monkey
May 18, 2003
Portland, OR
Oh yeah. 14 days here. Mountain biking and backpacking throughout northern NM and southern CO. First shower was coin-operated and lasted under 3 minutes. Definitely didn't get the gratification I was hoping to get out of that shower.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
binary visions said:
I used to do a canoing trip during the summer in the Adirondacks for a few years running where we canoed for a week and had no facilities. The last year, we did it for 10 days.

That's the longest I've been without a shower. We swam a lot to get the funk off. I think I stood in the shower for 45 minutes when I got home, felt damn good. Also, you appreciate toilet paper a lot. We would usually bring some but invariably it'd get wet or otherwise destroyed before the end of the trip.
Swimming constitutes a bath. I rode the Kokopelli trail unsupported for a week. Longest shower after that.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
i think like 5 days. there have been summers when i would do literally nothing for a week. it would be sleep till noon, watch tv and be on computer till midnight, repeat. its only happened like once or twice though.

beestiboy

Monkey
May 21, 2005
Merded, ca
Several times in the 7-9 day range and longest was 12 days in the Army.
As far as military training exercises 7-15 days w/o showering is typical, just whore baths with baby wipes and maybe a shampoo with ice friggin cold water.
Talk to the guys who have been deployed, my buddy was one of the first to go to this latest iteration of Iraq and i think he claimed almost 30 days w/o one.

It builds character and as one Colonel put it...."Good training boys"

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
On tour with the band in the early years, 9+ days was possible and common.

Spot cleanings in gas station bathrooms were neccessary.