Quantcast

How many days to spend at Keystone?

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Right now we are planning on about a day & half for riding. Should that be enough time to get alot of runs in? Or will we be wanting more after that? We are just trying to nail our plans down & wanted some input from the local :monkey:'s.
THANX!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Originally posted by TN
Right now we are planning on about a day & half for riding. Should that be enough time to get alot of runs in? Or will we be wanting more after that? We are just trying to nail our plans down & wanted some input from the local :monkey:'s.
THANX!
Are you just planning to do lift-serviced? 'Cause there is some *killer* XC singletrack right out of Keystoner.

-S.S.-

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Originally posted by SkaredShtles
Are you just planning to do lift-serviced? 'Cause there is some *killer* XC singletrack right out of Keystoner.

-S.S.-
lift service. we will be on big bikes so I think we are gonna skip out on the XC....we walk enough on our xc bikes. :D

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
Yeah you will have fun with a day and a half of riding. It is long so you may not get a whole lot of runs in, but you will get a whole lot of riding in!

Have fun!

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Keystone runs ARE pretty long, and if you're goin' for it you can certainly tire yourself out in 5 runs. I think 6 is my max for one day, and that 6th one was pretty dangerous on the rubber-arm tip, if you catch my drift. So yeah, a day and half will probably be good...

Sweet!

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
Originally posted by SkaredShtles
27. I wanna full report on how you do.........

-S.S.-
I think the biggest challenge would be getting to the top enough times. But I don't think you could do more than 12. Ok Jeff prove me wrong! Oh and watch out for pinch flat rock that would ruin your chances. (You guys know what I am talking about)

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Originally posted by Motionboy2
...Oh and watch out for pinch flat rock that would ruin your chances. (You guys know what I am talking about)
That one rock at the end of that one straight right before that one turn? Yeah, I know the one...

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Any pics of the runs up anywhere? My crew is planning a trip there soon but can't decide between Keystone or Vail. I'm more of a general freerider, and my pal is a go-fast/XC guy. We don't ride well together....:rolleyes: