Quantcast

How many forum users does it take to change a light bulb?

Certified Drunk

SVT-Lightning
Feb 17, 2002
Zippy's Burgers
1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed
14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently
7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs
1 to move it to the Lighting section
2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section
7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs
5 to flame the spell checkers
3 to correct spelling/grammar flames
6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid
2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"
15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct
19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum
11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum
36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty
7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs
4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's
3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group
13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"
5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy
4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
13 to say "Do a Search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"
1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

Sep 10, 2001
But in the meantime, the bulb still hasn't been change because they all had to read the latest response to the original thread....

Brian

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Plus:

2 to claim the lightbulb looks flexy
5 to refute those claims and indicate that they've USED said lightbulb, and the new filiment makes it stiffer then last year's.

2 or 3 to make tired jokes asking if they will make a lightbulb for freeriding, and to suggest that the lightbulb might be stronger if it came in rootbeer.

1 to launch into a story about how he was looking at this light bulb, but then noticed that his fusebox has a short, therefore directing the conversation into one of good and bad fuses.

1 to bring up the fact that he made a lightbulb, but that several electricians were unsatisfied with its dimming capabilities, and that said electicians should go to hell.

And, of course:

1 to state that nobody would need lightbulbs if we all just listened to him and ran Hopes. :D

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
binary visions said:
I win.

:eviltongu

Give me a break, I only have one functional hand, I type slow these days. I should keep "looks flexy" in my clipboard so it is only a CNTRl V away.

MTBkid

Chimp
Mar 2, 2004
Colorado Springs
I think everyone with over 1000 posts just sit in the darkness of their moms basement not thinking about the "light bulb" while everone else is out riding.

Otherwise that would be a great joke if I could remember it.

Spitfired

Monkey
Jun 18, 2004
Rochester, NY
How many dirty stinkin' apes does it take to change a light bulb?

Three: One dirty stinkin' ape to change the bulb, and two to throw feces at each other!

add these:
6 race for it short track style around the table, 12 race it xc around the block, 2030 race it dh style from the second floor, and 1 that calls for a pizza for the pit crew, then have the host's 12 year old son get frustrated and finally do it.

1 to change, 234 to say "I used the philips light bulb that was intended for lighting for bungy cord jumping and it broke, so all philips bulbs suck as evident since my buddy snapped the crown doing a 20 ft vertical drop to flat" then have 3 or 4 people strike them back for being improper abuse of equipment.

1 to order, then wait 2-4 months for the shipper to mail it the right address.

1 to change, then have the greens to complain the light bulb is killing mother earth and 4 who act as riot police to spray the greens with rants.

yeah

Shortbus

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2002
Stuck in the 80s
binary visions said:
Plus:

2 to claim the lightbulb looks flexy
5 to refute those claims and indicate that they've USED said lightbulb, and the new filiment makes it stiffer then last year's.

2 or 3 to make tired jokes asking if they will make a lightbulb for freeriding, and to suggest that the lightbulb might be stronger if it came in rootbeer.

1 to launch into a story about how he was looking at this light bulb, but then noticed that his fusebox has a short, therefore directing the conversation into one of good and bad fuses.

1 to bring up the fact that he made a lightbulb, but that several electricians were unsatisfied with its dimming capabilities, and that said electicians should go to hell.

And, of course:

1 to state that nobody would need lightbulbs if we all just listened to him and ran Hopes. :D
does GE make a lightbulb for FREERIDING?

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Do you know how much travel those GE ones have? My friend bottomed out hard going off a 10' drop onto a sidewalk and broke the filament.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Man you forgot about this:

Three to say that light bulb sucks and you should use brand x, and if you don't your an asshat.

Lots of those. :rolleyes:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
freeridekid said:
and a billion more to add that they forgot this and that tired old joke
Gee, that was really creative and witty. Have you ever considered a career in comedy?

You could stand up on stage and say, "Good evening ladies and gentlemen. Tired old joke you've heard before! Fresh new joke... punchline. Stupid comment about fresh new joke."

:rolleyes:

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
this is daily life in the lounge.

and then some anonymous boob to give you a negative reputation point for it.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
You left:
1 Douchebag posting that they tried the lightbulb too, start their own thread saying it broke and sucks and no one should use said bulb b/c customer service didn't answer the phone on the first ring or respond to their email in 30 seconds (cause they know the company's online).
1 Sponsored electrician for the lightbulb company to chime in with the contact information of the company and mention "I just got off the phone with them"

1 Response from Butch in every thread.

There now...thread over!

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country

A LED light buld would be best on A-line. They aren't too heavy, so they can be thrown around in the air. My friend's friend rode one on a trail like A-line at Mammoth. My friend said his friend liked it. I haven't ridden one though.

The LightWiz looks like it would be good for stuff like Northstar as its so burly.

mxer338

Monkey
May 9, 2005
CT
all of you need to shut up and get avy lightbulb's

craig just told me that the new line will be waterproof and have external dimmers