Quantcast

How many of you

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
rinse your mouth after brushing your teeth by just placing your head under the running faucet?

If not, what do you do?

Help my girlfriend with her research.

Bldr_DH

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
NO BO CO
Both hands

stevew said:
Not me.

I grab a frosty Dr.Pepper.
That has got to be one of the worst things you can possibly do when it comes to post-teeth-brushing activities, not to mention taste exceptionally bad.

Bldr_DH

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
NO BO CO
MMike said:
How so? I don't follow you...
I guess I was always brought up with the notion that you keep your teeth as clean as you can after brushing your teeth... If you consume sugary things, the bacteria in your mouth feed off of the sugar -- they excrete waste: plaque. So, for instance, if you brush your teeth just before you go to bed, and immediately afterwards consume sugar, then the bacteria has a whole lot of time to consume/excrete the sugar, which means more plaque/tartar buildup. I always brush my teeth after eating a meal, rather than before, so that it's as clean as possible for the longest amount of time before you eat anothe rmeal. Mind you, I don't carry a toothbrush around everywhere I go - I generally just brush my teeth once at night and once in the morning.

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
this thread reaks of rootbeer and sleepless(ness)
bla bla blue... my tooth brush is flexy, i think im gonna paint it rootbeer (or matte orange)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
spincrazy said:
rinse your mouth after brushing your teeth by just placing your head under the running faucet?

If not, what do you do?

Help my girlfriend with her research.
You're alive!!!!!!!!

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
I just fill one hand with eau, rinse, spit. I very often do two brushings in succession if I've just eaten/drank something

How many of you leave the water running? :nope:

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
One hand in the evenings.

In the morning I brush my teeth while in the shower - the shower head is much more efficent...

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
i have a nice little matching tooth brushing outfit including matching TBrush holder, soap dish and cup (for rinsing.)
it's the only thing in my whole apt that is matched and stylish. Oh yea they also match the towels, hand towels and wash rags.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Bldr_Freerider said:
I guess I was always brought up with the notion that you keep your teeth as clean as you can after brushing your teeth... If you consume sugary things, the bacteria in your mouth feed off of the sugar -- they excrete waste: plaque. So, for instance, if you brush your teeth just before you go to bed, and immediately afterwards consume sugar, then the bacteria has a whole lot of time to consume/excrete the sugar, which means more plaque/tartar buildup. I always brush my teeth after eating a meal, rather than before, so that it's as clean as possible for the longest amount of time before you eat anothe rmeal. Mind you, I don't carry a toothbrush around everywhere I go - I generally just brush my teeth once at night and once in the morning.

**shakes head sadly***

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
Most of the time I use the shower. If not in the shower, I use the cap to my mouth wash...not too big on sticking my head in the sink..

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
One hand under the faucet, a few quick rinses, and kind of wipe the toofpaste off my mouf. :thumb:

Dixie cups are a excessive waste. Regular cups...eww. Take a look at one under a microscope after about two days. :eek:

Squeak

Get your pork here.
Sep 26, 2001
COlo style
Ok I must be a freak!

I take the toof brush and rinse it, then I suck out the water in the toof brush, repeat that a few times.

Now you have some water in your mouth, and a semi dry toothbrush.