Quantcast

How many people work in the Bike Industry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mtbike

Monkey
Jul 28, 2004
Indiana
After seeing the latest "Post your Downhill Race Rig" thread, I am wondering how many ridemonkey members work in the bike industry? There were alot of sweet rides with high end components that the average consumer can only dream of owning.

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal

Mtbike

Monkey
Jul 28, 2004
Indiana
Thanks for playing, buh-bye! :nuts:[/QUOTE]

I bow down to the master Ride Monkey poster. Thanks for putting me in my place. Maybe one day if I spend all my time posting on ride monkey I can get to your status. Wow. I digress.

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
Mtbike said:
I bow down to the master Ride Monkey poster. Thanks for putting me in my place. Maybe one day if I spend all my time posting on ride monkey I can get to your status. Wow. I digress.
:stosh:

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Mtbike said:
Thanks for playing, buh-bye! :nuts:

I bow down to the master Ride Monkey poster. Thanks for putting me in my place. Maybe one day if I spend all my time posting on ride monkey I can get to your status. Wow. I digress.[/QUOTE]

or you know, use the big search choice up top. It's like rocket science, only easier! :rolleyes:

meatboot

Monkey
Jul 28, 2004
Chapel Hell
dexterq20 said:
You're a little late on this one:

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93269

That's a little harsh, don't you think?

The post you linked about industry insiders is from a different forum and is almost 2 mouths old now.

It seems to me that the real issue is people not searching before they post a question about a technical topic, e.g. will X tire fit in Y bike, which calls for a discrete answer rather than an opinion. Sure some opinion topics are beaten into the ground, but how's he's supposed to know that without reading every last one of the posts in a thread? Plenty of people seem to post on topics without having read any of the posts in that particular thread.

And who's to say that he wouldn't have excoriated for resurrecting the "thread that won't die" if he just tacked on his new comments/insights on to an older post.

If you see a thread you think is redundant, just don't read it.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Mtbike said:

I bow down to the master Ride Monkey poster. Thanks for putting me in my place. Maybe one day if I spend all my time posting on ride monkey I can get to your status. Wow. I digress.[/QUOTE]

hahahahahaha, sweet. :p

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
meatboot said:
That's a little harsh, don't you think?
Nah, not really.

meatboot said:
And who's to say that he wouldn't have excoriated for resurrecting the "thread that won't die" if he just tacked on his new comments/insights on to an older post.
And now I send you HERE.

Please make a special note of the "it's always better to post in an existing thread than to create a new thread" section. :nuts:

shock

Monkey
Feb 20, 2002
Mtbike said:
After seeing the latest "Post your Downhill Race Rig" thread, I am wondering how many ridemonkey members work in the bike industry? There were alot of sweet rides with high end components that the average consumer can only dream of owning.
To answer your question seriously...If by work you mean actually make money, then exactly 7 people actually work in the bike industry, the rest of us just do it so we can get free parts and ride cool bikes

Mtbike

Monkey
Jul 28, 2004
Indiana
Free parts are good...dexterg is a punk bitch, who problably likes little boys. But then again what do you expect from a guy with over one thousand posts on a internet forum.?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Mtbike said:
Free parts are good...dexterg is a punk bitch, who problably likes little boys. But then again what do you expect from a guy with over one thousand posts on a internet forum.?

Hey moron, you won't get any respect by insulting long time members. We don't tolerate personal attacks. So keep your yap shut, or get lost.

spookydave

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Orange County, CA
Mtbike,
There are quite a few working in the industry but for the most part guys like me and many many others just pony up and buy our equipment.
I see you are from Indiana. I was born are raised there too. Where do you ride dh?

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
Mtbike said:
ya eBully is gonna knock your block off :dancing:

The above post of yours was kind of like going up to somebody and spitting in their face, then expecting to be invited over again. As of now, no one will ever hold any respect or credibility towards you, and Ben will probably make your life on here hell, so do the easy thing and leave :thumb:

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
ViolentVolante said:
ya eBully is gonna knock your block off :dancing:

The above post of yours was kind of like going up to somebody and spitting in their face, then expecting to be invited over again. As of now, no one will ever hold any respect or credibility towards you, and Ben will probably make your life on here hell, so do the easy thing and leave :thumb:
who the F**k is ben?

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
Mtbike said:
The average consumer at my shop makes several times more salary than I do and can easily come out ahead paying full pop. I do it because I love it. The discounts just make it somewhat possible to ride nice things.

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
Transcend said:
Hey moron, you won't get any respect by insulting long time members. We don't tolerate personal attacks. So keep your yap shut, or get lost.
ViolentVolante said:
ya eBully is gonna knock your block off

Hooray! I have eFriends!

Transcend said:
who the F**k is ben?
...even if they have no clue who I am. :(

(Thanks FRASER :D)

Mtbike said:
Did I hurt some feelings? Who's taking typed words peronally? Who's pussy hurts?

um, listen up buddy, in a place where your typed words represent everything and only thing you are to the rest of the people, you better have a good reason to be calling people names like this. Do i piss off people here? sure, once in a while. But you sir, tops me in terms of cluessness.

liek you said, it's just typed words. So if you don;t like this place, go ahead and leave man, it's just a forum, right?

it's funny when people tell me to leave a place when it's a free forum for all to participate, but i genuinely like this place, much more so than anywhere else when i need advices on my bikes. So if you don't like it here, you can just git-out.

Have a nice day.

Nick

me89

Monkey
May 25, 2004
asheville
notice that all the people that have less than 100 post are sticking up for the dick. dude its a lot easier to add to another topic then it is to make a nother one and you dont look like a complete newb. :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble:

and insulting long time memers isnt kool man :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope:

hes just jealous guys lol :p

Mtbike

Monkey
Jul 28, 2004
Indiana
It seems the same peopleare always critical of people's threads. A bunch of foru Nazi's who are trying to sensor what's being posted.

If you don't like the thread don't respond. If you don't have something nice to say don't say anything at all. For all the people who think they are gods in this forum do you expect people to take your criticism and thank you for it?

If you don't want a ****ty response to respond like an asshole.

Status
Not open for further replies.