Quantcast

How mjuch would you pay for this ?

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
I made a few flower pot holders for some friends and people keep saying, "wow, you could sell those...." but no one seems to know how much they would pay for them...

suggestions?

detail...

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
If you make the first batch cheap they will sell easier. Folks will notice them (they are pretty cool!) and word of mouth will sell more. Then as demand increases you can raise the price if needed. Are you going to sign and # copies of originals or just keep them one off/thematic?

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Crafts are tricky, you usually never make the money you want for the time you spend. So you gotta do it because you like doin it.

i would guess you could probably sell that stuff for $25-35

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I will actually send you some cash to delete this thread.

joking of course. Id pay $30 for a gift for someone I guess.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Also, I would like it better if they held something besides sissy little flowers. How about rakes? Or sawzalls or something? Maybe you could make a brawurst holster. (although I think Partsbara might have that patented already)

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
BurlyShirley said:
Also, I would like it better if they held something besides sissy little flowers. How about rakes? Or sawzalls or something? Maybe you could make a brawurst holster. (although I think Partsbara might have that patented already)
what if they held a chainsaw, machine gun or knife? that would be freakin awsome!

they are made with just a welding torch....

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
pnj said:
what if they held a chainsaw, machine gun or knife? that would be freakin awsome!

they are made with just a welding torch....
How about a big chainsaw, with a gun mounted on it that shoots knives?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
HELLTACO said:
Wonna dose cud makes a good headrest on wonna my bikes!

I allmost fergotsta say I cud trade chu some good stuff fer et.
HOLY CRAP, where the F' have you been?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
friggin newb...

:rolleyes:
What a complete a$$.

The dude has been around longer than dust!

We may never see Helltaco again because of this dude's comments.

ROFL: Helltaco's member # is 33

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Skookum said:
Crafts are tricky, you usually never make the money you want for the time you spend. So you gotta do it because you like doin it.

that's why I've never really thought about selling stuff. doesn't seem worth it... just make some stuff for friends and whatnot....

I met a lady over the weekend that has an art selling store. she was interested in having some of my stuff in her store but she adds 40% to the price I want. If I say I want to get $25-30 bucks she'll sell them for $35-42ish.. I know I wouldn't pay that much for one of these.....but then, some folks have too much money..

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
those are cool.

i'll give you a "dollar two ninety eight" for any one of them.

sneakysnake

Monkey
Apr 2, 2006
NC
pnj said:
that's why I've never really thought about selling stuff. doesn't seem worth it... just make some stuff for friends and whatnot....

I met a lady over the weekend that has an art selling store. she was interested in having some of my stuff in her store but she adds 40% to the price I want. If I say I want to get $25-30 bucks she'll sell them for $35-42ish.. I know I wouldn't pay that much for one of these.....but then, some folks have too much money..

You might not be willing to but trust me people will pay 35ish for on of those stands, most of the time people that go to art stores aren't looking for a bargain. They are looking for something which would look good in their home, and your stands do look good.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Skookum said:

Depends on where you are selling said crafts and how efficient you can get at making them. You need to keep your materials costs low and develop a way of making them quickly. After that it's marketing time. Marketing is huge.

You can make a living at crafts type things but it's a ton of work in the beginning. (Like any business) It all depends on how much time and effort you want to put into it. (I know because I do the same with my leather work.)

sneakysnake said:
You might not be willing to but trust me people will pay 35ish for on of those stands, most of the time people that go to art stores aren't looking for a bargain. They are looking for something which would look good in their home, and your stands do look good.
Exactly. You would be surprised at what people will pay for stuff. And again that comes down to how you market your product. I never thought people would pay what they do for some of my stuff, but they do.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
what's funny, is that i do custom woodwork as a trade.

i'll pour thousands of $$$ and tons of time and soul into a project.
and it's alway something that i throw together out of scrap in spare time while stuff is clamped up drying, that gets more attention and greater profit margin.