Quantcast

How much abuse can a Trance 1 take?

El Diablo

Chimp
Dec 10, 2006
Japan
I ride pretty hard and I like to do drops. I am looking at the Reign X1 and the Trance 1 both '07 models. I want to use it only a daily basis travelling through the city and on the weekends do some XC and drops not bigger than 3 feet. I like the Trance for its climbing abilities ( its really hilly where I live) but l wonder if it will hold up under daily abuse. I like the Reign X1 for its All Mountain set up but I wonder how well it does on climbs.

Do you think the Trance would be a good "all rounder" for me?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Make sure you have a downtube protector. Great design having the shock exposed at the lowest part of the frame.

joelsman

Turbo Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
B'ham
some poeple are using them for mtx and jumping, should be fine for the trance, a little heavy but solid.

El Diablo

Chimp
Dec 10, 2006
Japan
some poeple are using them for mtx and jumping, should be fine for the trance, a little heavy but solid.
Thanx Joel.
Im really torn between the Reign X1 and Trance 1. I want something that can take abuse (Reign) but will be good for commuting and climbing (Trance). I figure if I go big I wont have any problems but some say that the Reign X1 is too bulky for everyday use. My current hardtail is 16 kg so it wouldn`t be much of a difference compared to the Reign X1 right?