Quantcast

how much do pros make?

Frorider1

Monkey
Apr 28, 2006
Not a lot, no way to know for sure either. Bender who was the top freerider for awhile lives out of a van now..

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Also a porsche, but he was a founder of the sport...it took him awhile to make that money also....there were many years of richie being a broke ass mofo:monkeydance:

Also a turbo.
Also silver.

I rode at Whistler with Richie and his buddys awhile back. He is one awesome rider but his buddys were another story. :)

Frorider1

Monkey
Apr 28, 2006
no its not if you calculate the cost of living today. thats enough to get you a small house where i live. but i wouldn't mind 300k a year to ride my bike.
He has not cost of living. His travels are all paid for, hotel rooms, food etc. Also 300k is a lot of money to make per year, i dont know where you come from but most people buy houses worth more then they make per year, so the price of the houses around you costing that much is redundant.

SnowboardinWA

Monkey
Feb 23, 2007
Tacoma, WA
Most Pros don't make a lot, Look at Pruitt, she was needing a ride to the US Open. Jill Kitner, when I saw her race here in Washington 2 years ago, her and Bryn where in a GEO Metro. There are a few who make some scratch, but most will not. I know in some sports, when you win, YOU don't get the money, the TEAM does to split. Freeriders are making more becuase there selling Videos and doing contest. How many well paid DJ contest are there a year, it seems more then DH races now. How many videos come out a month? I know the kids around here seem to have a new Video each week, and there HIGH quality. It also about TV exposure. The X Games has a FAT TV contract, which means FAT paychecks for winners. When was the last time you've seen a Race on TV? I can't believe there's more coverage of the National Spelling Bee on ESPN then there is about DH and Last time I saw anything about DH it was the JEEP 4X series.

Side note....... My cousin was the guy who owned Cycle Cyndicate INC. He put on the World Cup race last year at Angel Fire NM. He also did a lot of the races in CO.

Frorider1

Monkey
Apr 28, 2006
Most Pros don't make a lot, Look at Pruitt, she was needing a ride to the US Open. Jill Kitner, when I saw her race here in Washington 2 years ago, her and Bryn where in a GEO Metro. There are a few who make some scratch, but most will not. I know in some sports, when you win, YOU don't get the money, the TEAM does to split. Freeriders are making more becuase there selling Videos and doing contest. How many well paid DJ contest are there a year, it seems more then DH races now. How many videos come out a month? I know the kids around here seem to have a new Video each week, and there HIGH quality. It also about TV exposure. The X Games has a FAT TV contract, which means FAT paychecks for winners. When was the last time you've seen a Race on TV? I can't believe there's more coverage of the National Spelling Bee on ESPN then there is about DH and Last time I saw anything about DH it was the JEEP 4X series.

Side note....... My cousin was the guy who owned Cycle Cyndicate INC. He put on the World Cup race last year at Angel Fire NM. He also did a lot of the races in CO.

Whens the last time there was a mountain bike comp in the x-games??

ekozy39

Monkey
Apr 27, 2005
You might be able to find a house (shack) for 300k locally, but if I made 300k a year, I would be in the 500k market. Or better.
At a normal job $300k a year you will clear after taxes, and insurance, about $20k per month.
That is WAY more than enough to live in a phat house even in So. Cal.
A million dollar mortgage is about $10k per month. You telling me the other $10k isn't enough to live off of?

Considering with comp winnings you take whole amount, and pay taxes later the situation could be even better as deductions could leave these guys with even more money..

Rover Nick

Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
In america, the stunt/freestlye side of sports will usually make more.

Who do you think makes more? Someone like Travis Pistrana(sp?) who will pull double backflips or the guy who just won the national championships?

Freeriding and other freestyle sports have more of a following. Why, because they appeal to a bigger group of people and they are very easy to set up comps and get a huge spectator viewing area. What do you think appeals to a bigger demographic, a world cup race where you can sit at the finish or hike up to one turn at a time, or slopestyle type of stuff where you can see someone do mindboggling stunts throughout the entire course.

Trust me, being more of a racer, I really wish that racers were making scratch. But its also awesome for our sport that anybody is making bank.

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
they makea lotu of monsey how uesle could they affordo to tor ravel the world. ot irde and stuff. dosennt they have to spilt it with the team or somethinga.