Quantcast

How much is all this stuff worth, trying to sell DH gear

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
Hey guys,

It's been a long time since I've posted on here. Ridemonkey has been a great website and community to learn from and meet people to ride with. Due to life changes (as in home ownership) and work I haven't been able to ride enough to make it worth keeping my DH bike. Although it's old, most of the parts are close to new as I never rode it much. I'm just trying to see if my asking price via Craigslist seems fair as I haven't had any bites on it. I didn't want to have to ship it as I know shipping gets expensive.

What I'm trying to sell or trade, however I can get rid of it is the following:

2002 Intense M1 frame with 5th element rebuilt shock with 450-500lbs springs
2002 Shiver DC fork with newer seals and oil plus soft, medium, firm springs
Easton EA70 Bars
Hayes HFX Mag brakes with 8" rotors and GRC shorty levers
Arrow DHX rims with 20mm Marzocchi front, Hope Bulb 12mm rear
All XT 9 speed shifting/cassette/derailleur/SRAM chain
ODI Lock on grips
Thomson seat post
SDG Satellite seat
Crank Bros 5050xx Sealed pedals
Truvativ Holzfeller ISIS cranks with E.13 chain ring + guide
FSA Pig DH sealed head set
Maxxis 2.7 front tire, 2.5 rear sticky compound tires

I also have extra bolts for the frame, bearings, washers. On top of the extra springs, 6 tires (2.7 mobster + high roller, 2.5 high rollers x 4) which are all new, plus 5 DH tubes (also new). I've also got an older Giro Mad Max II helmet and a Rockgardn Flak Jacket that's older as well.

I started off at $1400, then went down accordingly and tonight had a hit at $1000. So that's where I'm at.

I've checked on Ebay and seen them sell for that or more, with less. I didn't want to deal with shipping so the price seems pretty right. If I can't get $1000 for it I may try Ebay and just pay and deal with the shipping but if I can sell it locally I'd do so first. Just much easier to deal with.

Just wondering if $1000 seems right? Any less and I feel I could part out most of it and get that much back. I just would hate to do so as it's all complete now.

Just looking for some advice or opinons

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
It's a pretty old and dated bike, but was a good one back in the day. I'd say a grand sounds about right, it'll be a good starter bike for someone.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
$1000 sounds reasonable. Shipping all those tires and tubes may cost more than what you sell them for, so be careful on that.

Besides Craigslist and Ebay, I would advertise here in the classifieds, mtbr and pinkbike. I bet you'll sell it on pinkbike. If peeps start chewing you down on price, counter with throwing in those tires/tubes and extra gear you have.