Quantcast

How much is too much?

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Let's see: V-10, Bronson, chameleon, highball, Steelman road bike, old trek fixie, and a ****ty cruiser. They all get ridden to some degree, sometimes in phases, and sometimes just to the bar.

If you've got space and can afford 'em, what the heck, the more the better. But I could be better at getting rid of old stuff.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Primus Mootry roadie (aka. Wookie bike)
Yeti SB66C
Specialized Transition tri bike
Supergo Access hardtail beater - mostly used for towing the baby trailer

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Currently down to one, a Spitfire, and parts to build a Kona Dawg. Which I might do soon just so I can have a bike that has water bottle mounts for those times when I just wanna do a short dirt road ride and don't want to carry a pack.

armada

Monkey
Aug 27, 2010
pinarello dogma, spec p2, spec stumpjumper carbon expert, specialized demo, wouldnt know what more i could want :D

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Oh I don't regret selling it at all. It went to a very good home where it well get to roam free in it's natural habitat.

You sent it to a scrap metal merchant? That's where most of my frames/parts end up.
From my past 9 frames 2 have been good enough to sell when I've finished with them, run 'em 'til they die.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
How many is too many? I guess too many is anything more than you can afford.

I have whittled my selection down to 2:

Yeti SB66(al)
Yeti DJ

Last edited:

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Good news! Frau just told me, when I mentioned culling the herd a bit, that I could have 1 bike for every day of the week. I have 5...last time I checked there are 7 days in a week. Racer X here I come...and then...hmmm...

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Can't beat that. I have three, a Banshee Legend for the DH, a Cult BMX and a Chromag Stylus for everything else. I really want a 5x5 or 6x6, probably something carbon. Poising to get a new (to me, maybe new, new) bike at the beginning of the year. Will probably rebuild the Chromag into some sort of SS or light hard tail.

Last edited:

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
spec demo for dh , santa cruz chameleon for trail but I just upgraded my trail bike to a '10 spec stumpjumper . I also have a '02 intense M1 frame that I plan on building up again in the near future .

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
24" wheels right? how do you like it? im stuck between 24 & 26. i really want to get an inspired, seeing as how i would be doing 'street oriented trials' but they are so damn overpriced.
no, stock (26"). back from before 24" trials bikes were a thing.

i hvaen't ridden one yet, but from all accounts i've heard the 24" bikes are a great balance between stock and mod. although deep down i'd love to get a mod bike.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
no, stock (26"). back from before 24" trials bikes were a thing.

i hvaen't ridden one yet, but from all accounts i've heard the 24" bikes are a great balance between stock and mod. although deep down i'd love to get a mod bike.
I hear 26/24" is the combo to have. Just weld up the pivots on an old big hit.

On a side note, the 24" bikes are rad. I've ridden a few Inspired bikes and they just feel really good. But I like a little bit more street feel than full trials.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
yea, i don't ride enough trials these days to justify it. if the zoo ever breaks on me, i don't even know if i would be able to justify buying a new frame.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Same here. I sold my trials a while ago. I loved it but they aren't very functional. The bmx is fun and I can actually ride it around locally. If that broke I think I'd buy a new frame.