Quantcast

How much would you pay for this?

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Frame. I can't seem to have any action at all on it...So far the lowest I've tried to sell it for is $850, but I haven't even got people emailing me about it (It's on MTBr). It's a GT ID-XC 1.0 thats almost new...Should I drop the price? Is it the GT name? It's a sweet frame, and I just can't seem to get rid of it for anything (Want a hardtail and need to pay for Sea Otter...). What about eBay? Someone was trying to sell a 2.0 frame minus the shock for 500 bucks and it got no bids...

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
It could be the name, but I have a Sycip that will probably end up selling for less than half retail. I don't know to be honest, but I feel your pain.

ubermick

Chimp
Aug 19, 2004
Marin Co.
WAY too pricey for a used GT frame. I know, it's only got 40 miles on it, but it's still a used bike. And with used bikes, warranties don't transfer.

You're also scuppered by the new kid on the block, the Giant Trance. You can buy the Trance 1 frame, which is a LOT better than the GT there, for $849 brand new (I've ridden the trance, and damn it's nice!) plus it comes with a lifetime warranty.

Also it's a 2004 bike - to put it in perspective, I just bought an 04 Ellsworth ISIS frame, brand new from an Ellsworth dealer, for $550. (That's a frame that four months ago sold for $1,400)

The plummeting prices of bikes are great for us, the consumer. But it sucks for those of us who've been buying for a while, because the faster technology advances, and the prices drop, the more the stuff we already have depreciates.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
blue, from reading your other posts, you seem way too concerned with the GT label and supposed stigma.

find a comparable bike/frame and go from there.

i'd say $600 max.

J

JRB

Send it to me and I will send you a steel Dean Jester soft tail.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Is there any difference in frames, back in the old days the higher end ones were built in the states. Nowadays i'm sure the only difference is color and maybe the shock. The main positive is that it looks really clean, from your lack of riding it. 850 is an awful lot for a used big corporation bike that's not in high demand. If it were my call i'd say, sit on it for a while and let it cook at 475ish. If it don't move at "around" that price sell something else and rebuild it back up and get your money out of it by riding it.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Looking at GT's site it really sounds that the the frames are identical form the $1100 4.0 up to the $2500+ 1.0. Shocks and components seem to be the price difference.

If that's the case, $250 to $300 ???

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
part it out. It doesn't matter how new it is, I've always gotten more out of parting a bike out. Transfer what parts you can to your new frame and sell the rest here, ebay, mtbr, hcor, etc.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Hmmm...meh. It retailed for 2650, but there are weight differences between the higher end and the lower end frames.

I ride for the shop's team, so I have to get something they carry, in this case, a Salsa Moto Rapido. To get the hardtail, I have to sell it for at least 500$. Maybe I'll just take it up the ass and keep it...

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Wait, better question: What could I get for the XT shifters/levers, brakes, and rear mech? If I don't sell the frame, I'd like SRAM stuff and Hope Minis...

J

JRB

My Dean can have X9 shifters and an X0 rear derailleur. :D

*no disc brakes though.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
yeah I would put it up to a larger audience like Ebay. It will be a tough sell due to all the Taiwan haters....but I could see you getting about 650 for it....D

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
BMXman said:
yeah I would put it up to a larger audience like Ebay. It will be a tough sell due to all the Taiwan haters....but I could see you getting about 650 for it....D
Thats a price I can do. 250, 300, thats crazy talk yo ;)

I'll try eBay tomorrow and see what happens. The last time I sold a bike, my Homegrown, MTBr seemed to have the most number of hits. However, in the end, I sold it to a guy who saw it on eBay.

Meh. We'll see.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
loco said:
My Dean can have X9 shifters and an X0 rear derailleur. :D

*no disc brakes though.
Stop trying to seduce me, you vile temptress!

I'd be very interested if my shop carried Dean...sadly, IMHO, they don't carry any full (as in, affordable and generically basic) MTB lines. Don't get me wrong, the ID-XC is an awesome bike, but it doesn't feel "racy" to me, and I want either a basic 4-bar suspension or hardtail...none of this funky wacky i-Drive/VPP/DW Link/Maestro suspension stuff. If I wanted a trailbike, it's what I'd ride. Light...plush...comfortable geometry...

"Back in my day, we didn't have suspension, we rode rigid, without saddles, AND WE LIKED IT!"

My options are:

GT (Can't buy frame alone, their Kinesis frame looks fun)
Titus (Too much $$$)
Felt (Too much $$$, only have uberlight hardtails without disc mounts)
Bianchi (Pain in the ass to get, don't know much about them)
Colnago (Tehehehe...)
Salsa (Through the magical world of QBP...but none in shop)

Anything through QBP/other bike distros they might be hooked up with works as well. I just don't know at this point...I'm very confused.

I want to get rid of the frame, I'm not liking the dual control...whats a punk to do? Sell the whole bike complete?! But no! I like the cranks...and the wheels...and the fork...and the everything else...Oh somebody hold me...