Quantcast

How to 360.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Can you 180? I heard it's easier on big bikes, what bike do you have? If you get heavy wheels like double tracks with 3.0" gazzi's you will get more momentum during the spin, so you will spin quicker.

L

luelling

Can you 180? I heard it's easier on big bikes, what bike do you have? If you get heavy wheels like double tracks with 3.0" gazzi's you will get more momentum during the spin, so you will spin quicker.
what?? I used to be able to 360 on BMX and my hardtail, it was waaaay easier on my little bmx bike IMO. The biggest thing I had to get over was keeping my head turned...it took a while to get past 270 because I would quit looking, the body follows the head.

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
learn on a bmx. just wind up, hop and twist. land on your back wheel when first learing them so you can pivot on your back wheel for the last part of the spin.

ETBW

Chimp
May 29, 2007
Dobbs Ferry, NY
If you have a hardtail, learn it on that. If you have a BMX, learn it on that. The lighter the bike the easier. Defenitely get 180's on lock first. The key thing is to keep your head turned to the left the wholeeeeeee time. You will find that wherever your head is turned in the air, your bike and body will follow. Once you get them, they are a piece of cake. I am going up to Whistler on sunday for a week and plan to try one of the big box in the boneyard on my Transition Gran Mal. Wish me luck!

Keep Riding,
ETBW Gravity Racing

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
its jsut hit and miss i just tryed until i landed. however i would say the most important hint in getting the rotation is chin to shoulder. when i do it my chin actually touches. b.t.w i spin and ride the same as u. good luck.

May 12, 2005
roanoke va
start off alley-ooping from a quarter pipe to a bank, then take it to a hip jump, next fly-out 3, then your set for the big time. wind your body before you pop, always lead with your head, totaly commit, exagerate your movements, etc.
oh, get get ready for a slam fest.
Plan B: lake jump/air bag/foam pit

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
what?? I used to be able to 360 on BMX and my hardtail, it was waaaay easier on my little bmx bike IMO. The biggest thing I had to get over was keeping my head turned...it took a while to get past 270 because I would quit looking, the body follows the head.
:disgust1: :rolleyes: :clue:

CMAC

Chimp
Apr 27, 2006
Yay Area, CA
i mean, i ski and a 3 is nothing, i know about the head and committing. what im wondering about is what to do off the lip. do i turn while im still going up, do i make sure im clear of the jump, or can i carve up the lip? jeeeezzzuss i dont know!

L

luelling

I was always told to wait until after the lip to start spining, so that was how I learned.

May 12, 2005
roanoke va
wind up your body but not your bike on the lip. as soon as you leave the lip you should be wound as far as you can go and start spinning the bike. if it's really tight you might have to carve up the lip a bit, but it kills jumps and leads to cliped back tires.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
'nuff said. i spin to the left (right foot forward). how do i do this so i dont die?
you have your feet correct.

theory is when you come on
your last 280 your back foot has a
crank to push on if need be.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
okay this is how i 360 and have started 720'ing (into the foam pit and on resin mats).
go into jump head up and looking into the lip
as your front tire leaves the lip turn your head to the way you want to turn followed by your shoulders and your hips (dont overexagerate this in the hips or you will look like a tard and most likely eat it)
as the rear tire leaves the lip initiate the spin with your shoulders
continue this motion while keeping your head turned and looking for the landing
from there it should all be natural

edited b/c i accidentally hit enter..idiot