Quantcast

How to deal with rednecks?

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
if I shoot rednecks, then I advocate the use of hollow points. Shooting people with a paintball gun is a good way to get shot and be in the legal wrong.

zerossix

Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Arlington, VA
yeah but unfortunately in this case you'd be in the legal wrong with paintballs or hollow points. unless of course you used the south park method "He's coming right for us!!"

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
Wait, where is this private Idaho?
Reisterstown MD.

Everything inside the yellow is either land we have permission to ride on and use or is Baltimore County floodplane.

http://

Everything inside the yellow is fireroads and watershed that the dnr doesn't maintance or patrol anymore. Don't ask me why, but they don't and we have taken it over.

Hit up the longitude and latitude in google maps to see more.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
While this is a good plan, it does nothing for us Virginia Beach monkies. there is a real lack of dirt jumps here for 26" bikes. The redneck who is cutting up our work there does not understand that there is an inherent difference between the two bikes and how they ride.

More and more it is becoming apparent that guys like Saw back in Reno had it right. Keep it 'local," keep it quite. Build your own spots, and if you find someone redoing your lips or redigging your line, do what you must to keep and enforce order.

That is the problem with Ipswitch as I see it. There is no discernable nor enforceable heirarchy out there. There are certain lines that will never be touched out of the heavy hitter mentality. Everything else is free game. Currently I am so butt hurt that I just want to run a bulldozer over everything not considered holy and start over, without the blessing or the help of the small contingency of rednecks who think that is their park. As soon as I have the letter of authority from the City I may just do that, and use the legal precedent to assert my dominion.

then again, I might just be whining and butt hurt.

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
pssshh well then after I get all of my stuff built and after I make a trip down to ride with you guys you should drive down round this way and hit up what I have to offer.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
I'd love to drive up, but damn if gas isn't getting expensive when you're the only one paying in a car full of people. And my truck doesn't get the best mileage.

I just need something local to get ready for the next season, hence my problem down here at the beach.

zerossix

Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Arlington, VA
i'm startin to think we go in to the wood in that back line....or across the stream where theres NOTHING already. if we find a spot where no one has built already it'll take a while for anyone to find it most likely. i told dan bout it today and he seemed up for some bush wacking through that sh!t. he was pretty pissed too haha.

on a seperate note, i started mulling over the idea of and ODU team so i can qualify for collegiate rankings and waht not. so we'll see. i may need some more members for it to go through....

you stil up for wednesday ian?

noname

Monkey
Feb 19, 2006
outer limits
Adam, I don't think you understand fully that you are an hour away from us, and that's without traffic. The whole point of the Switch was to have something local where we could ride during the week or in the afternoon. Sponteneity.
Ian, if you guys end up digging some more don't forget the old dirt piles I showed you, also, if you cross the creek behind the step up and follow the water out you'll come across several HUGE jumps that were built years ago and never ridden. Now the dirt is just sitting there growing weeds. A.K.A. ready for reassignment.
For those wondering just what kind of redneck wonderland we've launched ourselves into, when we confronted the asshat who was tearing up our line, he refered to the small waterway behind us as a "crick". I understand in certain areas that is acceptable, but if you grew up in Virginia beach like he claims to have, it's not. Imagine growing up in Alabama with a Brooklyn accent.

noname

Monkey
Feb 19, 2006
outer limits
Ian, on a side note, I still want to get out and check that spot by my house. It would be nice if it works cause the soil in my area is mostly clay.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
I'm in. Only fear, as I realized driving around today, was that anything we build on land not our own can meet Mr. Dozer any time the gods choose to frown on us.

I think we start that line off the ridge there, and then develop the other hidden spot. It is only a matter of time until that sister screwer gets it in his head that he runs that place. Though I talked to the city attorney again regarding this and how pissed I was. Some talk was on the idea of hitting him with a criminal tresspass and defacement of public land charge, just to be dicks.

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
tim
if'n ya want jumps that aren't gonna get f'd with i guess you'll just have to do some driving!
we got the first berm shaped (and it is but -TAH) as well as the start of the first table. it is actually jumpable right now as we speak, but is going to get longer/wider. eventually i foresee at least 6 jumps, possibly more depending on how it lays out.
ian/dan/zero
ya'all gonna make it out or what?
i'm going out of town this week, camping up in Pa, chucks place
wayyyy out in the woods where we can shoot REAL guns, drink beer, and ride bikes...all at the same time.
the following weekend is back to shaping so come on out ya slack biznitches

zerossix

Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Arlington, VA
i'd rather build back in the woods or over the 'crick' then just in some abandoned lot. like ian said on some lot it just takes one day and they're gone no warning no nothing. and we cant have any grounds for getting pissed at who ever does it. back in the woods though we can.

i'd be dwon with dickin over the red neck but i gota feelin it would just start a vicious cycle. we'd destroy his sh!t, he'd destory our sh!t, we'd whoop his ass, he'd get us arrested, atleast one of us goes to jail, i just dont see it ending well

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
As for the redneck, I have worked out how to fix his ass. that's all I am saying.

I think we build down off that ridge we looked at with Tim, and then once that gets boring we go over the water. I may also have a line on some property I can get permission to build on here in my neigborhood. If it happens the main thing is that we have to keep it on the super secret down low.

noname

Monkey
Feb 19, 2006
outer limits
Ian, you'll have to PM me with this plan, as I'm a great fan of schemes, plots, and manifold other mischeivious mental maneouvers.
As for continued soil excavations in expectation of accrued artificial tumuli tamped to tempt aeronautical acrobatics from aweless youth, I advance the assumtion that we may benefit best from an excursion across the aquatic barrier commonly referred to as the "crick".
There is easy access to it from the XC trail, inherently implying that the unadventurous, accent endowed eunich commonly refferenced prior as "redneck" lacks the sentient capacity to cogitate it's mere existence, much less deduce a means to attend it's location.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
You just gang raped a thesarus didn't you? you might want to apologize to Websters, maybe offer to make things right.

My objection to going towards aforementioned crick is that we will be prone to infestations and numerous aggregious assaults from airborne paracites who intend to rob us of our precious bodily fluids, and my fair and delicate frame may be besmirched by the viscious materials consisting of hyrdogen, oxygen and terre inherent to the basin of said crick.

noname

Monkey
Feb 19, 2006
outer limits
every once in a while I get a little loquotious.
I believe there is a bridge further up the XC trail along the road we come in on. It take you to the other side but none of the BMXers use it cause they believe all the riding in the park is at or adjacent to the 264/graveyard loop.

noname

Monkey
Feb 19, 2006
outer limits
once you see what I'm talking about I think you'll agree with me. I'll try to head out there tomorrow after work and walk through it to make sure the bridge is still there. Maybe I'll grab my light and head out there tonight.

zerossix

Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Arlington, VA
we'll go explore tomorrow. the further we get away from the main section the better i think. and i'll gladly ride an extra 90seconds to protect my hours of manual labor

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
you know timothy
the time you spent with that verbal diarrhea you could've driven, not to be confused with driveled, out to my place and shaped two or three table tops.

3 results for: drivel
View results from: Dictionary | Thesaurus | Encyclopedia | the Web

2. childish, silly, or meaningless talk or thinking; nonsense; twaddle.
–verb (used without object)

seriously though
are you slack fvckers gonna make it out this way or what?

10/14-15 is the next build day(s)

ps
ian
he pleasures himself nightly courtesy of the thesarus, hence his proclivity to demonstrate such bombastic behaviour

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
So maybe I made sweet love to a few books, they weren't mine.

Might I suggest you stay out of the pie making section of your local library though. More then likely the pages are stuck together.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
We went out today and started again.
Off the high bar there, down into the flats.
Tried to scavange some dirt from those piles, all in attendance agreed it was too far of a walk with my wheel barrow.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
PANSY!

I went and ran three miles and did some sit ups.

Then again, I have more of a reserve tank to work with then you.

There might be more digging out there this weekend, tomorrow I am doing the back yard and getting my Navy money, and maybe a mortgage.

Then I am going to go over and lo.

noname

Monkey
Feb 19, 2006
outer limits
Thesaurus? Sweet lovins? Though I may be a bit of a bibliophile, I assure you I harbor no lascivious designs toward anything in my collection..........except maybe..........well that doesn't count damn it!

Digging this weekend?
Digging? Me digging Mr ranger sir? Of coarse not! I"m simply displacing soil to relieve pressure on the Earths outer crust, sort of a gravitational accupuncture for Gaia. Just balancing the Earth Mothers Chi. Pay no attention to the bicycles in the backround.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
And Adam calls me the book "lover...."

We're going to drop blades to the jungle that is in the posterior of my abode on the morrow. It has reached a climax of verde that cannot be suffered further. Then we shall, on the first point of mutual convenience, use the prowess of the spade and the currency of persperation to create a miniscule utopia in this land of crack and degredation.

crackhead

Chimp
Feb 2, 2005
why not drop a few trees from were ever the rednecks are coming from? if you drop them right it should stop them or they will high spot trying.

A park by me put up a few "horse jumps" which stops all moterized bikes. bc to get by them you have to raise your bike high enough to get the handel bars over :-D Unless you want to ride down the ditch into the swap.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
That's not a bad idea.
Anyone have an idea as to how many possible points of entry there are to the Switch?

noname

Monkey
Feb 19, 2006
outer limits
wait a minute...are we taking advice from a crackhead now? WTF?!:biggrin: there are three primary points of ingress, with multiple others that are unaccessable by four wheeled vehicle.

zerossix

Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Arlington, VA
wait a minute...are we taking advice from a crackhead now? WTF?!:biggrin: there are three primary points of ingress, with multiple others that are unaccessable by four wheeled vehicle.
i care more about that 2 wheeled motorized piece of sh!t kid. called the cops again on him yesterday. bmx kids said the showed but the kid was gone by then.