Quantcast

How to get permission for Freeride park build

julianday0

Chimp
Mar 17, 2007
where do I go to ask if I can start building stunts in BLM land
or, how do I get the ball rolling is what I mean.

mshred

Monkey
Aug 6, 2006
talk to whoever owns the land (eg. city, private) see if the city likes it, and if they will sponser you with equiptment. Get some plans, volunteers and start building. If it is public property you might have to have it for all levels, like expert, beginner etc. Make sure you put signs up saying ride at your own risk, etc. so if someone does fall and get hurt they cant sue you. I know very little about it and all the legal stuff etc. This is only my input and i may be wrong on parts or all of it.

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
btw this will probably be the hardest thing that you will ever do. i have tried many times and have been shot down in a number of ways. the best thing to do is to get the BIGGEST local mtn club to back you. i have found this to be the only way to even have a chance

ctrailfreak

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Independence,Mo
btw this will probably be the hardest thing that you will ever do. i have tried many times and have been shot down in a number of ways. the best thing to do is to get the BIGGEST local mtn club to back you. i have found this to be the only way to even have a chance
Word on what he said!!!!!!!!! It's almost always shot down even with a good MTB Club. Everyone is so sue happy now that no one wants man made stunts on public trail anymore! Natural stunts on the other hand are starting to pop up in the Kansas City area.:lighten: You can't sue Mother Nature!:clapping:

crashdwn22

Chimp
Jan 3, 2007
or you could just play that freeride game online...
or you could just do it all secret like and then get arrested for trespassing...
or don't