Quantcast

How to get puke stink out of carpet?

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Let's just say Friday night was a scaled-down form of Burley's worst night ever.

Any suggestions? Lysol has failed, vinegar has failed, cinnamon air freshener has failed...Febreeze is coming home from the store tonight. We'll see what happens.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Just actaully clean it...shampoo, scrubbing and a wet vac. Febreeze will be useless. You need to break up and remove the stomach acid...that's where the main stank is coming from...D

mshred

Monkey
Aug 6, 2006
pour some other strong reeking thing on there to cover it up. it might smell worse but its better then smelling a mixture of sweetness and sourness

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Rug Doctor odor remover. It is an enzyme that breaks down organic matter and the things that make them stink.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
There's this enzyme cleaner made for pet body fluids of all kinds called "Natures Miracle"
It isnt super cheap but it will work.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
use one of those propane weed burner things. you can get them at Home Depot for about $40. Once you burn away the carpet and char the subfloor I GUARANTEE that the room will no longer smell of vomit.

:lighten:
Gasoline would be easier, he conveniently stores some in his closet.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Gasoline would be easier, he conveniently stores some in his closet.
I lolled.

Anyway...actual carpet cleaning isn't really an option. We're moving out in two weeks and they're tearing out the carpet anyway (it's pretty old). The Febreeze seems to have deadened the stench a bit, but it's still there. I'll hunt down that pet fluids stuff and see what happens.

No more heavy drinking for me... :pirate2:

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I think a lot of the Monkeys know all about teh pueKKzoRz.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Mirazyme.

http://www.mcnett.com/page.cfm?pageID=559

I was introduced to this from the warranty people at Mountain Hardwear. It will get the stink out of ANYTHING. It works amazingly well. You could even get barf stink out of a wet suit with it. (great for dolphin parties)

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
You've watched this guy start threads like this for years, and yet you still ask him to interject logic??? :disgust1:
I want to spend my last two weeks here living in puke-stink free harmony. Is that a problem, Mr. Bike Shop Manager?

Febreeze "pet odors" seems to have contained the stink. Danke for the suggestions.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Introduced to it by direct application I assume.

Filthy hippy.:disgust1:
It's hippies that would send in their moldy blackened tents that required this sort of product.

I don't sleep in tents. My dreadlocks are long enough to use as a blanket.

:twitch:

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
I want to spend my last two weeks here living in puke-stink free harmony. Is that a problem, Mr. Bike Shop Manager?

Febreeze "pet odors" seems to have contained the stink. Danke for the suggestions.
I would have guessed Febreeze myself, but didn't want to actually contribute. :D

I just wanted to make fun of your problem.