Quantcast

How to know if you're with the right person?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I'm thinking that if you imagine being stuck on a deserted island for 50 years with just them and you don't want to kill yourself or them... you've found the right person.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I think you need to take a long look at the person you're with and at yourself and then ask, "Self - could you possibly do any better than this?"

In my case I asked that and realised she's about 10x better than I could hope for.

:love:

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
wait until they're at their ultimate worst, ie sick, really angry for no reason, or the like, and if you still love them, it's gonna work.

//happily married for almost 2 whole years.....

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
H8R said:
I think you need to take a long look at the person you're with and at yourself and then ask, "Self - could you possibly do any better than this?"

In my case I asked that and realised she's about 10x better than I could hope for.

huh, sounds like she could do a lot better than you?

Have her PM me.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
H8R said:

:stupid:

I asked myself that and realized that I am extremely lucky and that I better marry her before she changes her mind. :D

Honestly I can't imagine being without her. She's my best friend.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
You'll just know...you will, and when you do, hang on to her/him.

I got VERY lucky with my wife! Make sure however that they're your best friend. That doesn't mean that they have to love everything you do, because then it would boring.

your similarities should be offset by the differences. I hope that this is the ONE!

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Opie, that is a pretty good way to figure it out.

If you curl up with your significant other everynight and feel like you can't get close enough to them, thats a good sign too :)

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
LordOpie said:
I'm thinking that if you imagine being stuck on a deserted island for 50 years with just them and you don't want to kill yourself or them... you've found the right person.
I'd want to kill anyone that I was going to be stuck alone with for 50 years.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
LordOpie said:

Is she the hottest chick you can afford? Are you the richest man she can attract?

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
BigMike said:
Actually, I think I could deal with it with my girl, she's that perfect :love:
Not married are you?

And my wife can barely keep from killing me know, so isolated on an island for 50 years.... oh yeah it would be a race to see who's getting brained with a coconut first.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
DRB said:
Not married are you?

And my wife can barely keep from killing me know, so isolated on an island for 50 years.... oh yeah it would be a race to see who's getting brained with a coconut first.
Does that make you gay?

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
sirknight6 said:
Twins?.....:sneaky: :devil:

Yeah, I get that alot, but....... They look NOTHING alike. They both showed up to where I was working the other day, and when they left, my boss said I definantly got the better of the two, and I agree :D

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
How to know if you are with the right person:

You can get in a fight with your spouse, come with in an inch of having your brain dashed with a coconut (or conversely dashing her/his brains with a coconut) and with in 15 minutes have make-up sex like nothing ever happened.

In other words, I think it is unrealistic to expect that you will never have any differences between you and your mate. The ability to reconcile these differences is the key.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
i never feel like i have to "put in" to a relationship with my wife. we are very happy the way we are.. we communicate very well and always say whats on our mind.. I never feel like i am doing more than her.. she puts in as much as an effort to make me happy as i do for her.. its well balance.. seeing my relationship its hard to imagine that anyone would ver get seperated.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
G-Cracker said:
Don't ask me... we just filed for divorce last night. Obviously, I didn't find my perfect girl. Gotta find me some hot cycling woman now. ;) LOL
Wow. WTF?

I thought you two were good together for some reason. What happened?

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Knuckleslammer said:
what is there to fight about anyhow? Once enlightenment is reached, there is nothing else to do :blah:
except starve yourself then strain your pee through a coffee filter.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
LordOpie said:
How to know if you're with the right person?
I've heard it said that you can tell a lot about a person by how they deal with three things: rainy days, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights.

I'm not sure what you do if you're of the Jewish persuasion! :D