Quantcast

How to protect my twig/berries while riding?

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
anybody ever try riding w/ a cup? i got snipped about 6 weeks ago and last week i came up short on a double and tagged one of my boys on the seat which was then succeded by the worst pain of my life about 12 hours later. 10 days later and i'm still dealing with, uh...raquetball size swelling. it doesn't hurt to move anymore but it's still a bit tender and the doc told me to give it another week and see if the swelling goes down.

now, the problem is that i'm so afraid it'll happen again from a simple bump while riding; i'd take another concussion over this type of injury anyday.

is there any bicycle specific protection that i can get? i can't afford to be laid up for 4 days straight again....but i'm not gonna stop riding either :devil:

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
dude GO TO THE DOCTOR NOW!

You could have a twisted vas deferans or some crap. Seriously GO TO THE DOCTOR NOW

eDIT: Hahahaha. You did. I read swelling and I was like...you know.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
manimal said:
anybody ever try riding w/ a cup? i got snipped about 6 weeks ago and last week i came up short on a double and tagged one of my boys on the seat which was then succeded by the worst pain of my life about 12 hours later. 10 days later and i'm still dealing with, uh...raquetball size swelling. it doesn't hurt to move anymore but it's still a bit tender and the doc told me to give it another week and see if the swelling goes down.

now, the problem is that i'm so afraid it'll happen again from a simple bump while riding; i'd take another concussion over this type of injury anyday.

is there any bicycle specific protection that i can get? i can't afford to be laid up for 4 days straight again....but i'm not gonna stop riding either :devil:

Man that made me cringe and I don't even have any...uhh...boys!

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
You could just have the boys removed since they no longer work anyway. I'll snip them right off with some gardening shears for 10 bucks and the video rights.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
BikeGeek said:
You need one of these:

I am thinking thank god that picture is :redX: for me. I am already cringing. If you have swelling in your sack, go to the DR.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
i heard bender wears a cup, but after playin baseball (dont worry i dont do that anymore) with one for a few years, i dont think i could ever stand it while riding.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I couldn't wear a cup riding, no way.

I was gonna make this same thread, except the title was gonna be "How to protect my tree trunk/pumpkins while riding?" :D

Clark Kent

Monkey
Oct 1, 2001
Mpls
Yah... I was trying to figure out how to ask how to protect my single grain of vermicelli rice and two pepper corns but ya beat me to it...

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
tn wears spadex under his baggies to keep his boys in place. it doesnt give too much protection because he peed blood at one point, but it keeps em in place so you don't sit down on and squash them.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Wearing spandex to keep them out of the way is a decent idea. Wearing a cup is not. I played football for 9 years and wore a cup for like 2. It is a terrible invention.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Yep, use spandex or if you're cheap, duct tape (NEVER tried it myself, but it could move things out of the way).

I did 70 miles on the road for the first time in about a year on a new-to-me saddle (sella italia slr--stiff sucka) and couldn't truly feel my boys for about 4 days. I don't envy you bro.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
i actually rode today for a few minutes in the parking lot. didn't hurt at all. i guess it's more discomfort now than pain....but last week about 12 hours after it happened....OOOOOOUCH! nurse said it was probably worse than childbirth because it was similar pain but much more localized. i'd rather break a leg, well, in pain comparison....don't want to heal a broken leg :D

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Back when I was running and had the spandex undershorts, I used to wear 'em when riding occasionally, and they work well to keep everything tucked up out of the way. But yeah, they afford no protection whatsoever so that may not be the solution you're looking for.

Maybe a new market that you should invent something for?

Jul 28, 2003
Eat, ME
manimal said:

AMPUTATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

The Cheese

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
JRogers said:
Wearing spandex to keep them out of the way is a decent idea. Wearing a cup is not. I played football for 9 years and wore a cup for like 2. It is a terrible invention.
I still wear a cup when I play base/softball, nothing worse than the ball taking a nasty hop right at the boys :dead: