Quantcast

How to reach Mr Dirt by email?

grimm

Monkey
Jan 12, 2002
Sweden
Hey. I got this old FAT fork with an 22mm brake adapter on it. Im looking to get in touch with the guy behind Mr Dirt, and see if he might still have some 51mm IS adaptors laying about. But the webside does not list an email to reach the company by, only a US phone number, and being in Sweden, id prefer not to have to call there just to get a "sorry cant help you".

I tried tho source some many years ago when i first purchased this fork off of -BB- here on the forums, but had no luck then. I just ran the 22mm hayes mag he sent with the fork.

However, i am now wanting a change in brakes, but having this 22mm adaptor is making my choices virtually zero, since the 22mm to IS standard adaptor i got for it, wont fit due to the shape of the original adaptor mounted to the fork. Even if it did have room for my second adaptor, the measurments gets messed up so the brake i tested it with, a Hope Enduro 4 would not fit where it should on its right size rotor.

Ive included a picture, to show that at least someone has made a 51 IS adaptor for this fork, and im hoping it might be the "man himself". I have no easy access to a machine shop to have one custom made.

So, having explained my story, im hoping someone can suppy an email i can reach Mr Dirt by.

Thanks.

Attachments

RD3

Monkey
Nov 30, 2003
PA
Mr Dirt is a different company now than when Bob Barnett was making the forks. I don't think he ever made any other brake adapters besides the 22mm. The photo you posted was one that I took a long time ago, the adapter on my fork was made by a machine shop. There are various general 22mm to IS adapters now, maybe you can dremel one to make it fit or get Hope to make a rotor thats a custom size. Check out Toronto Cycles website to find different adapters.

grimm

Monkey
Jan 12, 2002
Sweden
Mr Dirt is a different company now than when Bob Barnett was making the forks. I don't think he ever made any other brake adapters besides the 22mm. The photo you posted was one that I took a long time ago, the adapter on my fork was made by a machine shop. There are various general 22mm to IS adapters now, maybe you can dremel one to make it fit or get Hope to make a rotor thats a custom size. Check out Toronto Cycles website to find different adapters.
Ah, so Bob has moved on? I had forgotten his name or i wouldve mentioned him by his name in my post. Anyway yeah i "stole" that pic from you in my previous thread about this so many years ago. Thanks for updating me on the situation around that adaptor.

Try here...I believe this is his company still...

http://www.arclevers.com/contact-us.html
Thank you, worth a try.

Wobbler

Monkey
Jan 22, 2006
Hey, I've got tech drawings someone made a while back (cant remember who sent them to me) for a standard IS mount for a mr dirt fork, I made one up out of ally with a hacksaw/drill press and file and it worked sweet. I just have to dig through all my bike files and fish it out. (the drawings also have 20mm hub adaptor dimensions also)

grimm

Monkey
Jan 12, 2002
Sweden
Hey, I've got tech drawings someone made a while back (cant remember who sent them to me) for a standard IS mount for a mr dirt fork, I made one up out of ally with a hacksaw/drill press and file and it worked sweet. I just have to dig through all my bike files and fish it out. (the drawings also have 20mm hub adaptor dimensions also)

Those would help me immensly, i hope you can find these for me! I also pm'ed you this message. I would really apriciate your help.