Quantcast

How was whistler?

bikerpunk98199

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2005
the hood
Surprisingly dry, some mud and pools of water here and there but really dry for opening weekend. There wasn't a whole lot of trails open, that will soon change though.

SGF2

Chimp
May 8, 2005
Portland
Wow Tarrytown.....hey are the trails at saxon woods still around or they get torn down?
Ah, need to update my location. I'm back in Portland OR... Getting my Whistler fix on, heading up Wednesday. (This is going to be a good riding season).

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
thinking bout heading up the weekend after this one. hopefully the really good trails (detroit rock city, whistler dh, joyride, etc) will be open
Joyride top to bottom was open. DRC will be open this weekend as there was some snow preventing it last weekend. Whis dh got some work done to it last weekend so I imagine it will be open this weekend. Hopefully Lake Schleyer is gone this weekend. The national race course was also open :) And the new trail, pizza cat or whatever, was running loamy and wonderful!

I'll let you know after this weekend as we are planning on heading back up Friday morning for the weekend.

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
Whis dh top to bottom - open
drc - open
joyride top to bottom - open with some small lakes
Schleyer's lake dried up :)

Fitz was closed though...hopefully it's open for the weekend.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
May 31st trail report:

Everything is excellent. Every trail is open. Almost no mud anywhere. Whistler rulez.

Heh...almost saw a guy in his early 50's on a XC hardtail get run over trying to hop on to A-line after Crabapple hits...and he still entered and rode it ...:disgust1:

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
the rotec or the turner?
I just finally got around to greasing the bearings on the dhr...
Rotec. Sunday I noticed that my crank bolts were tight, but there's still some play...so I ripped apart my BB and repacked it last night...we'll see how that works. Still have to take apart all the pivots and clean/re-pack em...

We'll see how bad the Turner is after this weekend....might head down to SST and ride it...totally blow it out...heh...

Spahman

Monkey
Dec 13, 2006
Arlington
Rotec. Sunday I noticed that my crank bolts were tight, but there's still some play...so I ripped apart my BB and repacked it last night...we'll see how that works. Still have to take apart all the pivots and clean/re-pack em...

We'll see how bad the Turner is after this weekend....might head down to SST and ride it...totally blow it out...heh...
I was out there today... Everything was running awesome until a group of drunk jail bate showed up!
gimme a holler if you wanna ride thursday

Spahman

Monkey
Dec 13, 2006
Arlington
ha didn't end up making it out... the JB weld on my gas tank decided to fall off.

you'll prob see me out there tomorrow with some bmx buddies