Quantcast

How's Synopsis?

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
I saw it once at the Cycle Loft premier up here in MA and I have no urge to purchase a copy, but there are alot of people that seem to like it.

Bldr_DH

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
NO BO CO
Best. Movie. Ever, IMHO.

The soundtrack is great except for a few songs, and the footage is awesome. It is a racing video, so there's no hucking in case that's what you're looking for. It's just an awesome movie all around. It'll make you want to get up off of your @ss and go ride.

Juano

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
my hi-use
stubby said:
the guy who made the soundtrack obviously likes rap.

I also heard that he's never ridden a Mtb bike and loves his road bike, isn't that crazy that someone who does ride can make such a video?

JTVW

Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
somewhere hot
go to totalvid.com and download it for about 4 dollars, you'll have it for one week and can watch it as many times as you want. Quality is not that good but you'll get to see if you like it enough to buy the DVD. That's what I do.

Synopsis is awesome, though, best movie ever, imo better than Earthed 1 and 2 combined.

Peace.

Natedog

Monkey
Nov 8, 2003
Ventura, Ca
Synopsis is an awesome movie. Clay did a really good job with that movie. In my opinion it's waaayyy better than earthed 2 and one of the best race movies to date. I can't even tell you how many times I've watched it...it's sick......I can't wait till the next one comes out....

Da Monkey

Chimp
Oct 4, 2004
Virginia
its a very good movie it makes me want to go do a DH race after i watch it..i got mine for free when i subscribed to decline

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
I thought Earthed was better. I really didn't like Sunopsis. My new favorite movie is Suspect.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Any advice on where to purchase the DVD? I can't download things to my old computer, so I need a place to get an actual DVD... How much was it with the Decline subscription?

Slacker

Monkey
Jul 24, 2002
Los Angeles
bikenweed said:
Any advice on where to purchase the DVD? I can't download things to my old computer, so I need a place to get an actual DVD... How much was it with the Decline subscription?
This is where I got both my Earthed & Synopsis dvd's. They shipped both fast and I plan on using them again.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Thanks man. I see they have Earthed 2 in stock. As soon as I get a job I'll be ordering Synopsis and Earthed 2. awesome

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
ok, i just watched synopsis after having it on the shelf for a few weeks, and i'm not sure about it. the filming is very good, and i actually like the music, but the sped up footage just looks stupid imo, and is present throughout pretty much the whole movie.

it's like watching KITT go super fast in knight rider through the magic of speeding up the tape... :mad:

DH biker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2004
North East
I just got Statement from DECLINE Magazine and I am pretty happy with it. The riding is sort of old but still really cool.

dondon

Monkey
Toshi said:
ok, i just watched synopsis after having it on the shelf for a few weeks, and i'm not sure about it. the filming is very good, and i actually like the music, but the sped up footage just looks stupid imo, and is present throughout pretty much the whole movie.

it's like watching KITT go super fast in knight rider through the magic of speeding up the tape... :mad:
What sped up footage are you talking about. There is none. That is the beauty of the video - the speed of the best riders and the filming techniques that highlight this.

But wait for Hypnosis - if synopsis looked sped up - this will look like fast forward

MVRIDER

Monkey
Sep 23, 2003
Mtn. View, Ca.
I have a copy and I love it. I like how they added racer interviews, to me that was a big step up from The Second Specticle. The only thing I wasn't happy with was the sound. The racer interviews are really quiet, so you have to turn the volume way up to really understand them, but the music is much louder, so when the interview is over, you have to turn it way down to avoid getting blasted by the sound track. (Maybe my cheep tv?)

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
dondon said:
What sped up footage are you talking about. There is none.
if you are the filmmaker i stand corrected, but i think you're dead wrong on this one. there is PLENTY of sped up footage in that movie.

MVRIDER, i noticed the same thing about the audio levels, with the interviews being much quieter than the rest.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
The music make you want to puke.
The whining make your ear hurt too.
Good DH footage though.

Plush2 is still my favorite........

Juano

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
my hi-use
Toshi said:
if you are the filmmaker i stand corrected, but i think you're dead wrong on this one. there is PLENTY of sped up footage in that movie.

MVRIDER, i noticed the same thing about the audio levels, with the interviews being much quieter than the rest.

You stand corrected. Sorry but you are wrong, there is no spead up footage, not one bit.

WheelieMan

Monkey
Feb 6, 2003
kol-uh-RAD-oh
I don't see any sped up footage in Synopsis.

Earthed 2 on the other hand is full of it. Like in the Laguna Hills section, you can clearly see a bush dance around as if the wind is hammering. Also, Andrew Neethlings jersey flips around a little to fast. In the Les Gets section, Neil Donahughe goes off a jump and he lands wayy too quickly, as if the force of gravity suddenly increased as he went off the jump. There are numerous other examples I can think of, and they really take away from the movie. I'd say 50 percent of the footage in Earthed 2 is sped up.

Synopsis is a great movie, if only Clay would use better camera angles. He seems to concentrate on riders coming at him, and not as they ride away, which I think gives you a better perspective of the riding.

Bldr_DH

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
NO BO CO
McGRP01 said:
If you REALLY like 4x. There certainly is a lot of that. Not enough DH IMO.
It's pretty equal as far as 4x/DH footage goes. Maybe since 4x is shown before DH in most cases, it seems that way, but I don't think that's the case as far as minutes go.

I didn't notice any sped up clips... I think the riders just kickass.

The pros shred, man, they put it down and show me what's up, you know what I'm sayin'? So I can go fast.

WheelieMan

Monkey
Feb 6, 2003
kol-uh-RAD-oh
Bldr_Freerider said:
The pros shred, man, they put it down and show me what's up, you know what I'm sayin'? So I can go fast.
I love that guy, he's hilarious! Does anyone know who he is?

"Shred, pin it man, everybody put it down, just ride, yeah shred, dirt magazine rocks man, pin it yea."