Quantcast

Howz the park scene in Denver?

Lux Interior

Monkey
Jun 18, 2005
I've ridden a nice one off of South Santa Fe. But what about indoor or pay to play parks with maybe bike only times. Isn't there one in a mall? Where do the 26'ers go?........sorry I'm just excited about moving back to the Big D.

axlvid23

Monkey
Jun 1, 2003
Littleton
The mall park you speak of is ESPN and unfortunately ESPN=closed as of late. Anyone have any news as to whether its really going to reopen or not?

I suggest either castlerock or denver skatepark for your outdoor park needs. Both are lit and are pretty mtb friendly...beware though Denver skatepark is slippery so get some street tires.

The south santa fe one you speak of is cornerstone and that place is infested with chick pants clad bmx'ers who go out of their way to make you feel unwelcome (as I'm sure you noticed), so F that.

jhusktrials

Monkey
Dec 29, 2001
Denver
axlvid23 said:
The mall park you speak of is ESPN and unfortunately ESPN=closed as of late. Anyone have any news as to whether its really going to reopen or not?
I read an article that a company has said they will re-open all of the mills mall skateparks(apparently the Mills mall is a national company). They even said in the article that Colorado Mills will be included. I drove by about two weeks ago and everything looks the same. Lets hope for the best.

jhusktrials

Monkey
Dec 29, 2001
Denver
I have been riding the Denver park lately. PM me when you are thinking of going down there. I rarely have problems with being on a 26", but it does help to be in a small group. Even hanging out with 20" riders helps. I have been there alone before. That is usually when I hear some bs.

Ascentrek

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Golden, CO
jhusktrials said:
I have been riding the Denver park lately. PM me when you are thinking of going down there. I rarely have problems with being on a 26", but it does help to be in a small group. Even hanging out with 20" riders helps. I have been there alone before. That is usually when I hear some bs.
I've been in the D-town park a lot on 26's, I've never had a problem. If the po-po comes by, they're not looking at you, nor do they care about 26's.

Mar 9, 2006
denver (ish), CO
I think actually the south Santa Fe is either Redstone (which imo, is a great park for bowls) or castle rock (way south Sante Fe).

Castle Rock is a fun park as is denver.

Sep 9, 2004
Littleton, CO
Redstone is lame. No flow and the boxes are made for skaters (too small for 26'ers). C-Rock is good and at night it's not usually too crowded. I hate riding park a) because I suck at it, and b) the skaters.

O yeah, sweet pic Chuckle-head. But we're not models!

axlvid23

Monkey
Jun 1, 2003
Littleton
ironhorsebike1 said:
I think actually the south Santa Fe is either Redstone (which imo, is a great park for bowls) or castle rock (way south Sante Fe).

Castle Rock is a fun park as is denver.
That is in fact what i meant. Cornerstone is on south santa-fe too coincidentally, but not worth checking out. Nice picture chucklefvck.

Lux Interior

Monkey
Jun 18, 2005
I can't wait, I'm getting divorced, and moving back to Denver in May, then I want to just ride street park and dirt jumps as much as humanly possible . Be warned, I'll be looking up all you guys.

jhusktrials

Monkey
Dec 29, 2001
Denver
Ascentrek said:
I've been in the D-town park a lot on 26's, I've never had a problem. If the po-po comes by, they're not looking at you, nor do they care about 26's.
Yeah it is rare. I tend to ride fast around the park. Usually resulting in a couple close calls per session(if it is crowded). So I get skaters pissed sometimes.