Quantcast

HT Question

Jun 13, 2007
Israel
So i have a question meant more for the techies but anyone with experience in this matter can help.

If i was to put a triple crown(i.e fox 40)with 200mm of travel on a bike such as a giant reign 2006 with only six inches of travel what can happen ???

-Will the HT snap off the frame or is it only geometry??

-Ive seen here on slope style threads people that have taken the cannondale rush and turned them into freeride animal's and i know that in Europe people take bikes that have 4-5 inches of travel and put on a triple crown fork or a single with 180 mm

-I know that Scott manufactures the Nitrous which is considered a short travel bike for freeride and downhill,If anyone has a a bike like this can u please post pics.

Thanks
Mikey

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
You'll risk snapping the head tube off, the BB will be sky high, the angles will be very slack, etc. I wouldn't recommend it.

If you want something shortish travel and burly, there are options, like the Transition Bottle Rocket, Knolly Delirium T, etc.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
You probably won't snap off the head tube on your first ride, but you do void your warranty as soon you put on a 200mm fork.

You could shim down the travel to 180mm and there would be a reasonable change in geometry, a degree of angles, maybe an inch of bb height. Your warranty would probably voided though.