Quantcast

Huge thanks to duthie builders!

patrik

Chimp
Apr 10, 2007
Drove down from Bellingham to check out duthie today on a whim and it was fantastic. SMOOTH is an understatement. Brought my 4" travel rig out unsure of whether it'd be alright on the bigger stuff on the flow line and it was perfect. Just thought I'd say thanks and to keep it up. :)

One tiny suggestion though: idiot-proof the route back up to the top. At times I was just walking back up the trail because I couldn't find a different way back up. I was the only person there today so it wasn't an issue but I imagine that place gets busy so it might arise as an issue later.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Hmmm. I just kinda figured everyone was riding from the little meadow back up the old road bed to the upper meadow and around now that the lines are already almost done and most are just riding to the bottom. Not the case? I think Mike wants to eventually discourage just walking back up. What's so hard about just riding around and back up? The lines seem to be long enough that riding around would be faster and safer than walking back up. If each line also had a walk up it would also take up more space and I think the plan is to stuff 2-3 more lines in there. Worth asking Mike.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
So, I failed to mention TEMPORARY push-up path. We are only halfway down the hill at this point and everybody is just turning around and walking back up the same trail that they came down on - not a safe situation. If anything, I was going to have it parallel our line so it didn't interfere with any other active work going on.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Gotcha. Maybe signage asking riders to just ride it out to the bottom and around for now? It does look like yours and the DC line are "clear" to the lower clearing even if not finished....

Not my call but just thinking. Save more time and effort for building down farther instead of clearing a walk up.

patrik

Chimp
Apr 10, 2007
Yeah, I didn't ride to the bottom because the lines weren't done yet so I wasn't sure if they eventually spit you back into the clearing. So to clarify, both lines do end at the clearing?

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
I am all about saving effort for the task at hand as much as I am about the safety of the folks that are already riding the current features. I'd also like nothing more than to have everybody roll thru to the end as well - that's less trail we'd have to rough in down the road. Once we get around the corner, the lower section is going to be "blocked up" with works in progress, making it tricky to roll it thru at that point. All it really needs is a small path between where the gap of doom (aka - Boss Hogg) is and the 180 degree berm above the Steepdown...probably a 50-60ft. section. Primitive as opposed to cut and groomed. Hell, there's a good chance that there's already one nearby and we haven't even noticed it. I have to do some touch-ups on the rollers before the Steepdown on Sunday, so I'll poke around when I get tired from manipulating dirt...and riding, mostly!

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
Most trails are not done yet, so its ride at your own risk still.

The DWB flowline will have a easy way out before the steep down and double black, cliff drop sign next to the rollers. After that riders should go all the way to the clearing and peddle back up the road. After a couple more work days this will be much more tempting.

jeepmauler

Monkey
Mar 9, 2004
Lynnwood
I'll be out there Sunday with the wife.......we'd be down to help hack a return trail above "boss hog" if you fellas are gonna be around(to supervise) and the tool box is open. If not then I guess we'll have to session non-stop:D

With any luck I'll just turn her loose with a McCloud and I'll keep riding.......she's pretty fiesty:weee:

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
..we'd be down to help hack a return trail above "boss hog" if you fellas are gonna be around(to supervise) :weee:
We could use some help, but not with a return trail quite yet.

We might close the line, except for work days, but for now I dont think we need to.

Hope to see you sunday!

Last edited:

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Great day out there today - and we only moved about 10 buckets of dirt!!! Serious amounts of "product testing" going down today. Rollers above the Steepdown should be much better now. The rest is as dialed as it can get for the time being. Thanks for coming out to help Gordon Shumway and Jeepmauler - plus anybody else I don't recognize from these boards. Sorry there wasn't much else to do other than ride...actually, I'm not sorry!!!:thumb:

Our next section will definitely need as many extra bodies as possible so we can get it done both quickly and proper. Stay tuned for upcoming work party announcements!!!

Apr 10, 2007
Thanks everyone for showing me the goods today. It was a hard day of testing but I was happy to help anyway I could :D.

The amount of work you guys have put in so far is seriously impressive, I'm looking forward to helping out more after the pa shuttle day.

Great day out there today - and we only moved about 10 buckets of dirt!!! Serious amounts of "product testing" going down today. Rollers above the Steepdown should be much better now. The rest is as dialed as it can get for the time being. Thanks for coming out to help Gordon Shumway and Jeepmauler - plus anybody else I don't recognize from these boards. Sorry there wasn't much else to do other than ride...actually, I'm not sorry!!!:thumb:

Our next section will definitely need as many extra bodies as possible so we can get it done both quickly and proper. Stay tuned for upcoming work party announcements!!!

jeepmauler

Monkey
Mar 9, 2004
Lynnwood
I wish I would have helped more but there seemed to be alot more riding than building so I just went with it:D I did foot pack a few things and pick rocks and sticks outa both the DC line as well as DWB.

On my way out I stopped and checked out/rode the Line that starts outa the North side of the clearing....ie. Small ladder drop to ladder booter to more ladder booters......thats gonna be really fun when completed.....can't wait!!

I really like that place:thumb: I really appreciate the "vibe" (or LACK of a "vibe") of all the people I've met and ridden with out there.Everyone just seems stoked to be riding killer,LEGAL terrain.....friggen awesome:weee:

Hoping to make it out there tomarrow after work with a co-worker who will enjoy the Luna Chick's line to help with his learning to jump.

Thanks everyone for ALL YOUR HARD WORK!!!