Quantcast

$$$Humpderp GMT$$$

Dirtrider

noah
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Night ride was a success until the lasts 2 minutes when both my lights sh!t the bed. Apparently batteries will not last longer than 1.45 on any setting. What is the new hotness for LED lights under say $150..

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Motning Monkies! Yesterday's trip to Starbucks resulted in a quad grande latte that did npt provide me with a buzz or false sense of energy. Epic fail.
Top of the motning to you too!

Did some more electrical work last night. Maybe I should have been an electrician instead, I find the work rather soothing and relaxing.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Funeral this afternoon. Can't really muster much motivation to work this morning. But life is for the living right?! Better whip up some enthusiasm and get at'er...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Hump day indeed. Not a bad day on the calendar, so it should be ok. Projected cold weather the rest of the week with snomagedon arriving either tonight or tomorrow. Should make for a fun Stupid Bowl Sunday in these parts. Moar coffee.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

The "meh" is strong today. Stuff I should be doing around the house. I should be going for a run, personal projects galore. Not sure any of it's going to happen. Truncated weekend as well, signed up for some OT on friday, because I'm an idiot.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Morning Monkeys.

Hump day indeed. Not a bad day on the calendar, so it should be ok. Projected cold weather the rest of the week with snomagedon arriving either tonight or tomorrow. Should make for a fun Stupid Bowl Sunday in these parts. Moar coffee.
Ahhh... shit. Is SB Sunday this upcoming one? What network has it this year? Guess I should make sure the antenna is picking it up. :disgust1:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Rehearsal last night went ok--I'm going to miss this group. Not much energy today. It's a good thing I took all these days off for recovery. I was contemplating a short loop at White Ranch tomorrow but that's not happening if I feel like a sack of shit a la today.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Night ride was a success until the lasts 2 minutes when both my lights sh!t the bed. Apparently batteries will not last longer than 1.45 on any setting. What is the new hotness for LED lights under say $150..
Ituo. xp2 is 1500 lumen, 6800mah battery. on sale right now for $153. i've got the xp3, 2300 lumen, same battery, $200. been very pleased with it.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Wife is out of town for work today. Daddy duty to drop off and pick up both kids today. Such a pain in the ass to dress a limp 3 year old.

Dirtrider

noah
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Ituo. xp2 is 1500 lumen, 6800mah battery. on sale right now for $153. i've got the xp3, 2300 lumen, same battery, $200. been very pleased with it.
Is there 1500 lumen legit or is it like Magicshine where they say 4000 and its really 1200? Also this would likely be my helmet mount setup. Seems like a good light with 4 hr run time using the 6800 battery. Any issues with the gopro mounting?

Was looking at this light originally..

https://www.action-led-lights.com/collections/magicshine-sets/products/magicshine-mj-906-headlight-tail-light-set-with-wireless-remote-switch

Last edited:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Is there 1500 lumen legit or is it like Magicshine where they say 4000 and its really 1200? Also this would likely be my helmet mount setup. Seems like a good light with 4 hr run time using the 6800 battery. Any issues with the gopro mounting?

https://www.action-led-lights.com/collections/magicshine-sets/products/magicshine-mj-906-headlight-tail-light-set-with-wireless-remote-switch
I highly recommend Light and Motion lights. Lots of Lumens are great, but beam pattern is just as important. Also their batteries last for years and the connectors do not fail like other brands making them very reliable. And they are made in the US and have excellent customer service.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

as far as i've read their claims are legit regarding output (within expected tolerances).

no issues with mounting (i'm using the mounts included with the light i purchased).

http://singletrackworld.com/reviews/review-ituo-wiz-xp3-light/

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
also, the longest ride i've done with mine is about 90 minutes. did the whole thing on full power and there was no noticeable fade in power during that time.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I hate stupid people. I've been getting letters and calls from our credit union that the VIN for our Infiniti doesn't match the VIN on our insurance and registration. Turns out that upon initial registration, the dealer filed it under the wrong VIN. The insurance company cross checking the registration 'corrected' the VIN, but never notified us. The CU is now looking at this saying that we have a loan for a car with no insurance or ownership. I'm chasing my tail like a dog. To add insult to injury, the car is registered in Wifey's name so I can't do anything about the registration and she is travelling a ton this month. All because the dealer fucked up. :panic:

Otherwise, work.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I hate stupid people. I've been getting letters and calls from our credit union that the VIN for our Infiniti doesn't match the VIN on our insurance and registration. Turns out that upon initial registration, the dealer filed it under the wrong VIN. The insurance company cross checking the registration 'corrected' the VIN, but never notified us. The CU is now looking at this saying that we have a loan for a car with no insurance or ownership. I'm chasing my tail like a dog. To add insult to injury, the car is registered in Wifey's name so I can't do anything about the registration and she is travelling a ton this month. All because the dealer fucked up. :panic:

Otherwise, work.
you should tell the dealer how you really ///Feel

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001

GoPro mount works as intended. XP2 or XP3 would be fine as helmet mount if battery in Camelbak. Light output supposedly verified and it certainly seems every bit as strong as 2200 lumens should be.

Here's my XP3 on my RC truck since I'm a grown up child:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
GoPro mount works as intended. XP2 or XP3 would be fine as helmet mount if battery in Camelbak.
i run mine on my helmet since it's the only light i use. battery pack does indeed go in the camelbak.

you can now also get an extra battery cable for $9 if you need to toss the battery in like, a fanny pack or pocket or something

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO

Otherwise, work.
Make the dealership fix the problem.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Would you recommend the XP-2 (1500 lumen) over the Magicshine 906 (claims 5000 lumen but really tested to 3200)..
don't have any experience with the magicshine, and didn't really research it when i was comparing options. i remember reading a few of their first gen models had issues with batteries catching fire. it was allegedly fixed in the next version, but that was enough to deter me.