Quantcast

hussefelt crank sleeve coming out with pedal?

Apr 20, 2005
California, petaluma
i bought spd pedals and i went to take off my old ones,that ive never took off or put on before, and when i twisted the pedal off the sleeve from my truvativ husseflet cranks came off too! i figured out that the sleeve and pedal are threaded the same way! which sucks so i cant take the pedals off of the sleeve! ive tryed everything to get it off! torched it and then put in in soft jaws to try to lossen it, locktighted it to the crank and then taped it wit a hammer, and pulled hard as **** on the pedal wrench! and put it in sovents and oils to try to loosen it!! but no luck!! what sould i do? if its just doomed were can i buy just the sleeve? if i cant do that what cranks should i get after that? thanks for the help!!!

-jesse

p.s. not a good idea to buy truvativ if this is a common problem!!!

oddblob

Chimp
Aug 4, 2004
Salem, Oregon
I had the exact same problem, took it to my LBS and they contacted Truvativ who sent me a brand new set of Holzfellers. I would have been happy with a new insert and thrilled with a replacement set of hussefelt's - but sending me Holzfellers was over the top. You can't beat that level of product support, IMO.

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
nah, truvativ has awesome cs, they'll take all hussfelt cranks and send you brand new ones. this is quite a common problem with these cranks. happened to me in fact

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
Did you guys take it back to the shop or call them direct?

dirtjumpP.1 said:
nah, truvativ has awesome cs, they'll take all hussfelt cranks and send you brand new ones. this is quite a common problem with these cranks. happened to me in fact

Apr 20, 2005
California, petaluma
the owner of the bike shop says he might be able to warrenty them, but if they do warrenty them, will they send me the same cranks that i have, with the same problems, or will they send me cranks without the problem? kinda makes sense to send fixed ones, but also they threaded the sleeve and the pedal the same way, so you dont no? thanks for all the help!!! -keep the rubber side down-

butthead

Chimp
Dec 17, 2001
Las Cruces, NM
I had the same problem. I wish I had checked into the warranty thing. It would have been cool to get a brand new set of Holzfellers.

I used some JB Weld on the threads and I didn't have any problems after that.

Jeff 151

Monkey
Sep 25, 2004
DeezBay, Cali
Y'alls need ta quit with the unecessary warrantying of my favorite cranks. You done loctited it, but not the right way me guesses. Do what I's done when the same thing happened to me. Clean crank and insert threads with acetone to fully remove any trace of anything else that was ever there. Git the 609 (green) loctite and splash it around on both sets of threads. Torque that mutha on there a little past balls tight, but not quite ludicrous tight. Go away, come back the next day to find you've done fixed yer problem fer good. Yee-hah. Next time, search the topic, cause they's been multiple posts on this subject.