Quantcast

i am new to tahoe

rockbike

Monkey
Nov 9, 2004
south lake tahoe
i just moved to tahoe (south lake) to day and i am looking for other motivated DH's to ride with and show me around. any one want to help me out? at this time i don't have a job so i can ride any time.

DUKESofTAH0E

Monkey
Mar 27, 2006
northstar
welcome to the best side of the lake. iam broken at the moment but once iam healed up come halloween i'll be up for riding. check with amyd on this board shes another south shore local. also youre only 45 minutes from northstar so buy a pass and ride that place everyday if you got the time.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
......for moustaches, traffic, fat texans, cigarette smoke, traffic, the least amount of bike trails and the farthest from the lift access dh:D
who are you foolin?

tahoe city has the worst traffic around. and you've got your fair share of gamblers up in them parts.

at least i've got toad's and kwood.... sucka.

rockbike

Monkey
Nov 9, 2004
south lake tahoe
hey rockbike, you have a little bike? lots of good xc rides here.
Hay, i don't have a little bike but i road the power line trail in good style yesterday. (if you forget about the huff-en and puff-en as burning lungs tried to get O to my oxygen starved legs.)

i would like to do some DH runs ASAP. there's trees up here.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
You should for sure come out to North Star this weekend. There will be a huge group of us there all day on Saturday. Send me a PM and I will give you my number if you wanted to meet up with us. =]

I will be out there looking pretty much just like this:

benjaminj

mr. amy
Mar 21, 2007
so. tahoe
Hay, i don't have a little bike but i road the power line trail in good style yesterday. (if you forget about the huff-en and puff-en as burning lungs tried to get O to my oxygen starved legs.)

You can hang out in the parking lot of Burger King at the base of Kingsbury Grade with your fullface and big bike and I'm sure you'll meet some people... :wave:
But your best bet this time of year is heading up to Nstar.

Some of us are riding after work tomorrow out at Corral... you're more than welcome to join us. It's a ride up paved road, ride down trail with some little hits along the way. We've got more, but I'm not telling on here.

The P-Lines trail is about as XC as you can get around here.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca

what time were you out there? I ended my run at around 5:30? Were you the guy on the top of ski run w/ crazy shorts on?

rockbike

Monkey
Nov 9, 2004
south lake tahoe
You can hang out in the parking lot of Burger King at the base of Kingsbury Grade with your fullface and big bike and I'm sure you'll meet some people... :wave:
But your best bet this time of year is heading up to Nstar.

Some of us are riding after work tomorrow out at Corral... you're more than welcome to join us. It's a ride up paved road, ride down trail with some little hits along the way. We've got more, but I'm not telling on here.

The P-Lines trail is about as XC as you can get around here.
i would love to join you for a ride. uaaa... where's corral?

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
the missus and i did our first trip to south shore last weekend... i m over it...

gimme north shore or west ANYDAY..

too many kooks down south, reminds me of a sad lakeside vegas... sh1te ... i m lovin the local grass valley / nevada city stuff lately... until the devils dandruff hits...

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
i'm really hoping this thread doesn't turn into how AWESOME the north shore is and how touristy the south shore is.

the dude just wanted to find someone to ride w/ down here.

asa

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Yeah, really! Just come ride Northstar - plenty of cool trails and cool peeps.