Quantcast

I am Really impressed with DHL/Airborne Express!

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Everyone has had their bad times with Brown, and FedEx has screwed me a few times too. I've been dealing with DHL for the past week, and not only do they try and deliver the package and leave a package attempt notice if you are not there, they call you within an hour or so to try and reschedual it. The package is availible for pickup within hours of the first attempt if you want to go get it, not waiting for the next day like brown.

:thumb:

J

JRB

I hate that about UPS. Trouble is, the first DHL van I saw rearended a car in the parking lot. :eek:

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
DHL is cheaper, esp. for over seas.

I've had nothing but good exp. with Fed Ex

UPS is horrible. I work with some guys from Hitachi, and they were telling me about how they figured out why over 50% of their plasmas screens were coming in shattered. One of the guys shipped a 12 of sweetwater 420 in bottles to the other and they busted at UPS. UPS built a 4 foot drop on their conveyor belt when sorting packages here.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
DVNT said:
UPS built a 4 foot drop on their conveyor belt when sorting packages here.

To Tranny or to Flat? :)

I dont know about pricing, I've just had stuff shipped to me from DHL, never shipped out from it. My Roomate is a former UPS employee, and says DHL is the best choice for national shipping

bpatterson6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 1, 2004
Colorado
I have had MANY problems with Brown, Fedex has always hooked it up right for me. One time I Ordered some custom DH wheels from Universalcycles.com and the front wheel got detroyed during shipping by Airborne/DHL. Thats the only time I have ever had a problem with Airborne/DHL. Universal filed for Insurance and they built me another wheel and shipped ASAP. next time, No problem. But it was a drag waiting a few extra days for the wheel to get in. But oh well.

J

JRB

bpatterson6 said:
I have had MANY problems with Brown, Fedex has always hooked it up right for me. One time I Ordered some custom DH wheels from Universalcycles.com and the front wheel got detroyed during shipping by Airborne/DHL. Thats the only time I have ever had a problem with Airborne/DHL. Universal filed for Insurance and they built me another wheel and shipped ASAP. next time, No problem. But it was a drag waiting a few extra days for the wheel to get in. But oh well.

Please don't tell anyone that Universal has good customer service. They all hate them it seems when they are mentioned so I can just assume they will always have what you and I need since no one else shops there. ;)