Quantcast

I cant decided on a usb or fallguy..help...

.Pit Steelers.

Nostradumbass
Jun 18, 2006
Hawaii
So here i am...sitting here....selling things on ebay to make money for a frame... Not sure what to get, Im leaning towards the usb a little more seeing as it's $150 cheaper but the tonic fab includes a headset and bb....

im just looking for some input on both of these.

sb317

Monkey
Sep 6, 2005
North Carolina
I've never ridden a fall guy. Only heard good things about them. I'm building a usb right now and ride Mr. Tiles bike every chance I get. I love that thing. I hit some dj's on it for the first time today and now I'm itchin' to get mine done.

Gl3N

Chimp
Jul 12, 2004
Ohio
I have never riden a fall guy either. But I rode a Sean's USB last season up at Ray's and it felt awesome. I also rode Joes Working class hero a couple of weeks ago and was amazed at how good it felt and now I am building a Molly for myself.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
The thing I really don't like about the USB is the BMX brakes; they just never feel as good to me as V-brakes do. Other than that they're both really good bikes.

The Tonic is still more expensive when you factor in BB/headset.

Gl3N

Chimp
Jul 12, 2004
Ohio
I was kinda hung up on the brakes myself until I rode Joe's bike with an Hombre rear brake and it stopped like no other u-brake I have ever felt. Its all in the setup.

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
I've owned a fall guy for about a year, and I love it. I have never ridden a USB, but it looks pretty damn dialed. You really can't go wrong with either, but my vote is for the fall guy since I've ridden one, and know they are great bikes. V-brakes are nice to have with the bigger wheels, however bmx style brakes like the fly, or the odyssey evolve II, and the new demolition that is coming out can be set up to give a really nice feel at the lever. It is all in the set up.

.....tough choice. Again, I have no exprerience with the guys over at USB, but Landon has treated me well, and has been great to deal with..... Get the fall guy.

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
don't let u-brakes be a deterent for you like it was for me for so long. I finally broke down and got the molly almost a year ago and threw some fly brakes on there. The braking power is rediculous - something I never thought would be...

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
ummm i like both of em, or the nempro deathmobile 24 is another worthy bike looking into, although as bit more expensive. mine should be here soon

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
oh yeah, usb and nempro are better or running pegs, because they have thicker drops than the fg the usb seems a bit more street oriented than the g, which imo is better or trails and the dm 24 is good all around imfo. all 3 are amazing bikes, you just need to decide what your gonna be riding most, street, park, djs.

.Pit Steelers.

Nostradumbass
Jun 18, 2006
Hawaii
Yeah the usb is sounding good right now, seeing as i plan to ride mostley park and some dj's. got a bit of saving to do...

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
dia-compe 990's ruled the bmx world for years, and after v-brakes came stock on bmx race bikes, the ramp and dirt bikes still came with U brakes. U-brakes work good. bottom line

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
I'm running a Molly Maguire but good things can be said about both:
- really cool people that ride (and ride well!)
- dialed geometry
- steel
- made in the US

For me the USB was the choice because:

- I liked the rear triangle of the USB as it's a more tradition style.
- I like how 990's are a little more compact although I can set up v-brakes more easily.
- Normal headset - I had a Chris King already and like cup headsets more.
- $150 less is nice as well (although the painted hs and bb is worth some in itself).
- East Coast!

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
does anyone have pics of a Molly set up with pegs and maybe even a gyro?

i have never ridden a peg on a shock fork. what's the deal? does it feel strange on double peg grinds or do you get used to it? is there any ideal fork for pegs?

Sean

Chimp
May 16, 2006
does anyone have pics of a Molly set up with pegs and maybe even a gyro?

i have never ridden a peg on a shock fork. what's the deal? does it feel strange on double peg grinds or do you get used to it? is there any ideal fork for pegs?
You can see mine with 3 pegs (4 now) and a gyro if you follow this link.

http://www.unionstreetbikes.com/setup.htm

My fork is pretty stiff, so it's not that much different then a 20in.

It's pretty easy to get pegs to work with most forks with a 20mm axle. It just takes a little "rigging".