Quantcast

I caught my bike thief

Mitch

Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
PEI, Canada
Anyone remember my post about my crappy CCM commuter being stolen? Well I was just finishing up some dirt jumping on my 4hun and going to a bud's to bbq and have a beer. And guess what? No more than 6fta way from me buddy drives by on my bike. I chased him down. Threw him off the bike. (i'm 22 and the guy was only 16-17 but he was big..... like 6ft 240pds) these are my exact words "hard way or easy way guy" he started shaking and stuff. Then he took off running. Got my bike back! I woulda gave him a good thumping but the age difference would have brought charges my way for sure

Pow pow

Chimp
Nov 18, 2003
Scotland
I love it when things like this happen :D

But it always seems to be the cheap commuter bikes that people get back, the ones they wern't that botherd about anyway.

Still, its all good :thumb:

BoyBoy

Monkey
Apr 17, 2003
washington DC
Haahaha

did the same thing.

My XC Kona Kula (sweet frame) was stolen off my back porch...\

couple of week later we are sitting on my front steps drinking, and my bike ride by. i hop on my girlfriends bike and chase him down.... he wasn't stopping so i reached over and squeezed the brake.

argument.... but i got my bike back. then the kids come back to the steps to try to get the bike back, saying that they bought it for 10 dollars! needless to say, the story became complex. but i still got my bike back. I still see the kids around, and in fact, they are pretty chill. i am pretty sure that he bought the bike off some crack head that stole it, and is not really to blame. just a little dumb..

Fulton

Monkey
Nov 9, 2001
Originally posted by Mitch
Got my bike back! I woulda gave him a good thumping but the age difference would have brought charges my way for sure
F- that man. If they don't find the body, they can't press charges. I woulda thrown that dude into a woodchipper..........

:devil:

good to hear you got your bike back though!

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
as long as no body sees you, its all good, plus he doesn't know your name or anything.

woulda pulled out my .45 and made him **** his pants...

Good fortune for you though!

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
If you'd have beat the kid then what could he have really done, pressing charges against you would have incriminated himself. What's he going to say, I stole this bike off of some back porch last week and then when the guy saw me riding his bike he beat the snot out of me. I think the courts would rather encriminate the kid for stealing than you for teaching him what his parents failed to teach him.

Ifelloffabike

Monkey
Apr 14, 2003
Strong Island Ny
Originally posted by Kornphlake
If you'd have beat the kid then what could he have really done, pressing charges against you would have incriminated himself. What's he going to say, I stole this bike off of some back porch last week and then when the guy saw me riding his bike he beat the snot out of me. I think the courts would rather encriminate the kid for stealing than you for teaching him what his parents failed to teach him.
Guilty people can still press charges and you are just as guilty of assault whether he stole your bike or not in the eyes of the law.

Didn't your parrents ever teach you "two wrongs dont make a right"

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
Originally posted by Mitch
I chased him down. Threw him off the bike. (i'm 22 and the guy was only 16-17 but he was big..... like 6ft 240pds) these are my exact words "hard way or easy way guy" he started shaking and stuff. Then he took off running. Got my bike back! I woulda gave him a good thumping but the age difference would have brought charges my way for sure
Way to almost beat up a minor who most likely didn't steal your bike!

Can't believe most people here think that the people with stolen merchandise are the actual thieves themselves. :confused:

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
Originally posted by Ifelloffabike
Guilty people can still press charges and you are just as guilty of assault whether he stole your bike or not in the eyes of the law.

Didn't your parrents ever teach you "two wrongs dont make a right"
"The kid wouldn't have stayed put while I tried calling the police, I had to ruff him up a little to get him into submission."

I agree two wrongs don't make a right, but justice should be served rather it's enforced by a court or dished out by the offeneded parties.