Quantcast

"I Cloned My Pet"

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
TLC really will make a show out of just about any sh!t they can come up with. Tonight's offering of TLC's scraping of the bottom of the port-a-potty of humanity was I Cloned My Pet.

My girlfriend just lost her most loved cat this winter, and it was amazingly heartbreaking and very touching to see. She sort of fell apart after, which I respect as she'd had her cat for some 11 years.

And even she thinks these people are out of their fvcking skulls.

Don't get me wrong, I am very attached to my dogs. They're my kids, they are what I have left from my marriage that I still consider to be good, and I love them very much. But I also know that when they go to piss on the great fire hydrant in the sky that this is normal, and that if I had them cloned it would not be the same dog. Christ, if we cloned my younger dog we'd have to go back down to hell to grab satan and ram him back into a small dog's body.

One of the guys is this whacked out Asian guy. Keeps referring to himself as "Wolfie's Daddy" and just "daddy" in general, which creeps me out. This guy will bake his girlfriend's feet, I can just see it now.

First world problems just sort of amaze me.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Sure, like you wouldn't clone your slutty ex girlfriend... if you could. :)
If only I had collected a DNA sample instaed of the lame ass AVI's that I can't convert to a useable modern format. Thank god for the spank bank. I am so glad that interest paid on that account is still available and hasn't been effected by the economy.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
There was a This American Life episode (radio and on tv) sometime back which featured a guy who cloned his "pet" bull. Just like the old bull until in tried to kill him and the guy was still all creepy in "love" with his "pet" bull. :disgust1:

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
Wife recorded this episode for me, thinking I'd like to see how people would justify spending all that money on cloning their pets. I didn't bother watching it. I can think of other ways to spend that money, if/when I get it........

Condo/beach house in Rocky Point or Mammoth,
Several new bikes and the vehicles to haul them around in,
All the events I want to cycle in,
Pampering of the wife,
Cooking school to improve my bagel making.

I'll think of others.........

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Plus, it's already been shown that cloning doesn't reproduce personality. So all you would get would be an animal that looks the same. It doesn't necessarily act the same, which I would assume is the reason someone would want to clone an animal.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
That's what we were talking about last night.

Or from a more metaphysical view, you can't clone a soul.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Clone weed or hops, way more profitable.
rep!

Sure, like you wouldn't clone your slutty ex girlfriend... if you could. :)
If only I had collected a DNA sample instaed of the lame ass STD's that I can't get rid of with drugs. Thank god for the spank bank. I am so glad that interest paid on that account is still available and hasn't been effected by the economy.
FTFY :)

I would clone my old Viszla... I wonder if there is any fur left in his old brush.... ;)

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
From a more practical sense is where I find myself really offended. There are a lot of rescue animals out there who could really use a home. Some of the best pets I've ever had were rescues. With $50k to $100k it boggles my mind all you could do for a local shelter or what you could do for an animal you could adopt.

This really is the top of the #whitepeopleproblems list in my mind. More I think about it the more annoyed I get.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
From a more practical sense is where I find myself really offended. There are a lot of rescue animals out there who could really use a home. Some of the best pets I've ever had were rescues. With $50k to $100k it boggles my mind all you could do for a local shelter or what you could do for an animal you could adopt.

This really is the top of the #whitepeopleproblems list in my mind. More I think about it the more annoyed I get.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA

Teh interwebz are not for practicality... neither is reality TV... ;)

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.

More like #richpeopleproblems. I can't imagine the average lower or middle class family spending $50K-100K on replacing a family pet in this economy.

It amazes me more when people spend up to $1000 on a "pure breed" dog or cat. All of the dogs and cats we had while growing up were all rescues. They all turned out to be the best pets you could ask for.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
More like #richpeopleproblems. I can't imagine the average lower or middle class family spending $50K-100K on replacing a family pet in this economy.

It amazes me more when people spend up to $1000 on a "pure breed" dog or cat. All of the dogs and cats we had while growing up were all rescues. They all turned out to be the best pets you could ask for.
well screw you. both my cats are persians and are better than any rescue i've met. i have the one cat trained to walk on a leash, and i'm working on getting him to fetch.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
hell yes.

he will also sit in a chair with a beer during a bbq.
Alright I have to admit, that is a pretty funny pic with the cat in the chair.

Everyone is free to spend money in their own ways. I personally would never spend tons of money on an animal but those are my views. I have friends that have spent tons of money on pure breed dogs but that's just what their into. I'd rather spend my money on skis, bikes, beer, and other misc fun stuff.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Oooh cool, cloning. Can I get my left testicle cloned and installed in the package ? I really need to take up some of that space and the freak out factor of having three balls would well be worth the 100 grand.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now

does it count that my 3 mutts are all rescues? :p
yeah, $50-100k is a ton of money but if i had the money to spend like that, id do it. i dont think id start a business named after my dog just to do it like the crazy asian man though.

the people who stuff their dogs on "american stuffers" are bonkers