Quantcast

I don't know how I got by without an Ipod.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
If you travel a lot or live in NYC you need one to stay sane. I even use to sleep in loud hotels. Just the greatest engineered invention to come out in years. The only negative is those little foam pads for the headphones. How the hell do you get those damn things on??

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
After not liking the i pods and prefering the irivers and other products that can double as 'portable hardrives' I have now come to like the new i pods. They are allot smaller than the competition and have allot more capability. Although, still not impressed with the lack of ease to transfer music among different computors or use the i pod as a portable hard drive.

BTW. No one uses those foam things on the head phones anyways.

amateur

Turbo Monkey
Apr 18, 2002
Orange County
They're great, but I still think people look retarded with the white headphones. I guess I just don't listen to music that much? I don't have a cd player in my truck anymore, and the only reason I'm considering an iPod or mp3 player is skip free music for desert fun.

It is nice how they keep upgrading it so the price point never falls below $200

Jan 29, 2005
Now that their's a video Ipod, I would really enjoy one, all my music and biking videos in one slim package is super neat... to bad I'd rather spend it on bike parts...

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i used the foam things. until the cats ate 3 of them.

now i use Sony EX-51s, which do a good job of isolation. especially for the price.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
the Inbred said:

now i use Sony EX-51s, which do a good job of isolation. especially for the price.
My cats always manage to find my earphones and steal the foam covers. The earbuds that come with the iPods suck, so I got some nice tiny Sony ones. The cats ate those little covers too. :mumble:

GravityFreakTJ

leg shavin roadie
Jul 14, 2003
at a road race near you
the Inbred said:

I need some new ones soon.Do the EX-51's stay in your ear good?Some i have tried are almost impossible to keep in.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
they stay in my pretty well. i've dropped my Nano 3 times and the fall hasn't yanked out any earbud yet.

one thing some people don't like is the asymetric chords. the right one is longer, designed to go behind the neck. i wasn't too fond of this at first, but it comes in quite handy if you take your earbuds out a lot, like i do for class.

merrrrjig

Turbo Monkey
Dec 24, 2003
Mammoth Lakes, Ca
Just wait till your ipod breaks, mine broke a while ago and took 3 weeks to fix, it sucked ass! But then it broke again and apple exchanged it for a new one! Now im rockin out again!

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
GravityFreakTJ said:
I need some new ones soon.Do the EX-51's stay in your ear good?Some i have tried are almost impossible to keep in.
That's a pretty personal thing. You have to find some that fit your own ears well. Personally I prefer cans anyway.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
mack said:
After not liking the i pods and prefering the irivers and other products that can double as 'portable hardrives'
iPods double as hard drives too...

And you should buy some real Sony or Bose headphones.