Quantcast

I don't understand bad pizza??

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I got a free coupon for some Dominoes pizza. I hate saying this but that crap isn't even worth the free coupon. Man that was some bad **** :dead: We are lucky here to have even good chain pizza joints. The Mom & Pop joints are fantastic. We have good pizza here. Some of the best in the country. No excuses for eating that Dominoes crap. How do they stay in business? .....jdcamb

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
jdcamb said:
I got a free coupon for some Dominoes pizza. I hate saying this but that crap isn't even worth the free coupon. Man that was some bad **** :dead: We are lucky here to have even good chain pizza joints. The Mom & Pop joints are fantastic. We have good pizza here. Some of the best in the country. No excuses for eating that Dominoes crap. How do they stay in business? .....jdcamb
Not sure. There were people at work today talking about how great Papa John's is. :blah: Anyone who has ever been to New York knows what good pizza is all about. I always wondered why just about ever corner in NYC has good pies, but most areas just can't figure it out. :confused:

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
The armpit of San Diego
hmm, not as bad as the time my gf made pizza for her and her dad and forgot to throw away the cardboard piece...they both got sick. damn shame: a woman who can't cook..tsk tsk.

rvlacich

Chimp
Jan 18, 2004
Maryland, USA
jdcamb said:
You gotta make the pilgrimage dude. Best pizza anywhere. http://www.totonnos.com/Aboutus.html
I'll definitely do that. Thanks for the tip!
I'm going to get so fat... better get a smaller freewheel for the urban bike! :dancing:

EDIT: That's even closer than I thought! It's just diagonal across central park. Looks like I'll bike it some day, once I'm familiar with what neighborhoods I need to keep away from.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
ppphhhh, i used to live in New Haven Ct, where pizza was invented sucka. Pepe's pizza has a 40 min wait on week nights, and valet parking...

And pretty much all of the pizza in new haven is great, cept there is one dominos in the ghetto. :rolleyes:

if they use good dough, and good sauce, thin curst and fired in a reall pizza oven, then there hard to screw up, but plenty have done it.

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Papa Murphy's takenbake - you gotta have an oven (so no good for the college types), but they're HUGE, Tasty, fresh, loaded, and not bad on the wallet.

I got a large chicago stuffed the other day for $9.99 (btw - for you who don't know what papa murphy's is or the size of their pizza's...the medium is bigger than the dominoes/pizza hut/papa john's large).

We had to eat that bad boy with a fork it was so loaded.

My all time favorite though is the papa murphy's gourmet vegetarian thin crust. Mmmmhmmmm....

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
although - gotta be honest, my two visits to NYC both required visits to the corner pizza place...walking around in the wintertime with a piece of pie folded in half and grease dripping down your chin....heaven! :thumb:

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
I am a sucker for a pizza that the local pizzeria in Henniker makes. It's a Mediterranean Pizza with Spinach, feta cheese, greek olives, tomatoes.:drool:

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i'm poor, so my definition of good pizza is the $5 large pepperonis at Little Ceaser's. best pizza in Austin.

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
mack said:
ppphhhh, i used to live in New Haven Ct, where pizza was invented sucka. Pepe's pizza has a 40 min wait on week nights, and valet parking...

And pretty much all of the pizza in new haven is great, cept there is one dominos in the ghetto. :rolleyes:

if they use good dough, and good sauce, thin curst and fired in a reall pizza oven, then there hard to screw up, but plenty have done it.
Ahh, does this make me miss home. :drool: I will go on record and say pizza from New Haven is the best in the country!!!

Pepe's, Sally's, Modern, and a few others in North Haven and East Haven I am forgetting. Damn I miss good pizza. And after leaving Pepe's taking a short walk to Libby's for some awesome Italian ice!

WTF did I move to Florida? What the hell was I thinking? Not only does the pizza suck, but this place is a flat as a pizza. :eviltongu

Hello Kitty

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Houston
pizza Ha!

get real...some slow smoked bar-b-q brisket some hot links along with some home made coleslaw and a ice cold beer is what will set you right down here in Texas.

and dont forget about the Louisiana crawfish boils either MmmmmmMmmmmm Good !

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
all the real pizza joints here use very thin & crispy crust, almost like a cracker. Its OK. I like NY style better & you can keep the deep dish.

HK-2 words, BBQ pizza, hombre. The best of both worlds. :drool:

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
I can put together a pizza in my kitchen that kills any mainstream place for about 2 dollars.

The hour of time is the hard part...

Hello Kitty

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Houston
sorry to hijack the thread but i'll get us spinning on the subject again.

i'm not a big pizza fan had too much BAD pizza in college but when i do eat pizza i go to the small mom and pop places star pizza here in houston has a yummy meatball pizza on THIN crust

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i haven't had brisket in so long. i think the last real bbq i had was when i graduated high school. we had a place here in Fredericksburg that would bbq a brisket you brought in, and oh man....that was the best meal. especially the ends that were dripping with flavor. oh man, and their sauce. dang. couldn't handle eating the fat, though.

but they closed down. long live Birck's.

they also had breakfast burritos that were about the size of Freebird's burritos. $6. filled you up all day, though.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Hello Kitty said:
sorry to hijack the thread but i'll get us spinning on the subject again.

i'm not a big pizza fan had too much BAD pizza in college but when i do eat pizza i go to the small mom and pop places star pizza here in houston has a yummy meatball pizza on THIN crust
I went to a pizza joint in TX once, I dont remember where, I was a little kid, but all of the "pies" were shaped like TX. My crazy TX-obsessed Grand father took me there.

Hello Kitty

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Houston
since I’m trying to lose weight for the upcoming mtb racing season we don’t go out and eat much anymore maybe one “sin” meal a week or so since November 1st I’ve had a steak dinner, Mexican food (my weakness) and a pizza after a hard ride. Since I’m on this healthy food eating kick I just don’t have the cravings for all the crap I used to eat along with GASP beer!!! I feel like an alcoholic that needs to get his three month sobriety chip at the local A.A. meeting since I’ve gone booze less.

The only pizza I really like is the stuff that made in the brick ovens that isn’t swimming in grease on a nice crisp crust Mmmmmm…food

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Austin Bike said:
I'm from chicago, thin crust pizza is the work of the devil

I LIKE thin crust pizza! I like the thick crust stuff too. Hell, I like any kind of pizza. I also like dark beer and I like lighter beers. I like MTB and I like road riding. I ski and I snowboard. Why limit yourself to one thing? :)

Domino's sucks. :dead:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I Are Baboon said:
I LIKE thin crust pizza! I like the thick crust stuff too. Hell, I like any kind of pizza. I also like dark beer and I like lighter beers. I like MTB and I like road riding. I ski and I snowboard. Why limit yourself to one thing? :)

Domino's sucks. :dead:
How long have you had a fear of commitment? J/K Ever been to Frankie & Johnnies in Springfield? Mmmm now thats good pie.....

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
jdcamb said:
You gotta make the pilgrimage dude. Best pizza anywhere. http://www.totonnos.com/Aboutus.html
Ah, Jim - we may disagree in other threads, but on this you are 100% in the right. Have you been to the Coney Island one? They lock the screen door when the run out of dough. In the summer that may be early in the evening, but if they are out of dough you are out of luck. They lock the screen door and you get to sit inside & see the look of disapointment on the faces of the people who walk up & see the door locked.....

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
jdcamb said:
How long have you had a fear of commitment? J/K Ever been to Frankie & Johnnies in Springfield? Mmmm now thats good pie.....
My goal every day is to get in and get out of Springfield as quickly as humanly possible. :D No, I have not been to Frankie and Johnnies. I have been to like three restaurants in the three years I've been working here. :p

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Mackie said:
Ah, Jim - we may disagree in other threads, but on this you are 100% in the right. Have you been to the Coney Island one? They lock the screen door when the run out of dough. In the summer that may be early in the evening, but if they are out of dough you are out of luck. They lock the screen door and you get to sit inside & see the look of disapointment on the faces of the people who walk up & see the door locked.....
I am only familiar with the Coney Island one. I can kill 2 birds with one stone. Nathans for cheese fries and frog legs then head over to Tontonno's for pie. I learned to go early.....

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
jdcamb said:
I am only familiar with the Coney Island one. I can kill 2 birds with one stone. Nathans for cheese fries and frog legs then head over to Tontonno's for pie. I learned to go early.....
When I was in Nathan's this past weekend (bringing my kid to the aquarium) we had Chow-Mein sandwiches. Now those are good.

You get to Brooklyn for pizza often?
Have you been to Patsys, aka Grimaldis?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Mackie said:
When I was in Nathan's this past weekend (bringing my kid to the aquarium) we had Chow-Mein sandwiches. Now those are good.

You get to Brooklyn for pizza often?
Have you been to Patsys, aka Grimaldis?
Haven't had one in a year. I am going to be in Brooklyn in 4 weeks though. I will get one then.....

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
ugggg pizza. my tummy can't handle it. i can eat thin crust pizza without the cheese on top, but thats not really a pizza now is it?