Quantcast

I finally got a STIHL!

neanderthal

Monkey
Mar 1, 2005
Pittsburgh
I've decided to go with the 455 e-series rancher.

Ok maybe not.

I have a quick question for you tree guys. If you had the choice which would you go with?

Jonsered 2154 for $309

http://www.tilton.usa.jonsered.com/node246.aspx

Or the Husky 455 Rancher for $399

http://www.husqvarna.com/us/landowner/products/chainsaws/455-e-series-rancher/
Both are good saws but I'm partial to Husqvarna. My guess is that the Husky dealer network is a little more extensive so you would have ready access to parts and repairs.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Both are good saws but I'm partial to Husqvarna. My guess is that the Husky dealer network is a little more extensive so you would have ready access to parts and repairs.
I agree with that but the closest dealer to my house is Jonsered and the same place I got my Scag from.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Pvssy!

Just kidding! Looks like fun! Why do you prefer Stihl?

Those are some big F'ing trees.
its the only chainsaw I have used that will still run when the air box is packed with ash and the plastic is melting.

used every make and model out there and the stihl 44(440) and up are the only ones worth buying anymore.

huskys are too tempermental and finicky for use as a production saw especially in a fire environment.

the hotsaw I have in the toolbox of my pickup is a 460 stihl with a 4.5 foot bar, I am running near competition times with a stock saw.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
its the only chainsaw I have used that will still run when the air box is packed with ash and the plastic is melting.

used every make and model out there and the stihl 44(440) and up are the only ones worth buying anymore.

huskys are too tempermental and finicky for use as a production saw especially in a fire environment.

the hotsaw I have in the toolbox of my pickup is a 460 stihl with a 4.5 foot bar, I am running near competition times with a stock saw.
I bet there isn't a much harsher condition than a forest fire to be cutting in.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
back in 93 I went on a killing spree at peanut butter and jelly mud wrestling tournament at a midget stripper convention in akron ohio.

had to throw that saw away
Stihl bar lube is like Jelly so I don't see what the problem is? Midget blood maybe?