Quantcast

i get a motorcycle

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
I have wanted one since spring. If anyone remembers my last post about a motorcycle you know I don't want a silly crotch rocket or some super bike. I want more of a "cafe cruiser" bike. My dad bought a 1976 suzuki gs750 when it was new. He kept it till the early 90s and sold it to a friend. Today him and I saw his friend. Turns out he still has the bike, and will sell it back to me! The bike is in excellent shape still which is another plus. I really dont care about the mileage on it because I know most was put on by my old man. So time to sell the dirtbike and get my road bike. Looks like the picture below, just a different seat. Now how to tell my mom :monkey:.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Hopefully you're paying for it, because you'll take better care of it.

My dad bought a new Camaro for both of my brothers when they were in high school. Of course I opted for the retired '74 Chevy Beauville family van that was quickly named "The Magic Bus" by my buddies...

Take care of the bike, and out of respect to your father, give it to your son if (God forbid) you ever breed.

Edit: Awwww yea!

Mom made curtains for the back windows not knowing I would be stashing 10 friends and a pony keg in the back when we went to the drive-in...

"One please." :biggrin:

Last edited:

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
Oh, I am paying for it. Hence why I have to sell the dirtbike. I got the dirtbike with the money from selling my downhill bike. I got the money for my downhill bike by raking leaves and cutting grass and working my ass off. So I am paying for it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
get your license first. take the safety course. its worth it. There's two kinds of motorcyclists: those who have crashed, and those who haven't crashed yet. Unfortunately, motorists can be d*cks to motorcyclists too.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Anyways, after you have had it a bit, you can do some upgrades, like we did last year. We built up a bike for Dad last Christmas, and it started like this

84 verago 920

And now while it is still at heart an 82 Verago 920, it sure looks updated

Wish I had some more detailed pics, but you can see new front end, new paint, new lighting all around, new bars and risers, list keeps going