Quantcast

I got a Woodie!

Dominator13

Chimp
Oct 19, 2006
Avalanche Suspension Products "Woodie" rear shock that is! :D

I wrote a long drawn out review in another sites DH forum so I'll cut it down here.

Long story short, after getting a Canfield Bros. Jedi I was not so enthused with the way the rear suspension worked with the shock that it came with. I spoke to the residient Jedi guru (BC) about it and he agreed that unless you get the right shock for the Jedi and it's high rising suspension rate you'll never get the bike's "true awsomeness"!

He introduced me to Craig at Avalanche Suspension Products and after a couple hour long courses of Suspsension 101, I was sold, so much so that I bought a DHS for my Knolly DT. He has 30yrs. of experience in the Moto Suss World and he applies that to the mt. bike suspension and WALLAH you've got a custom tuned shock that is tuned to you, your bike and riding style.

Got the Woodie last Friday and rode the h^ll out of it last weekend and WOW! :eek: What a difference the correct suspension makes. This thing was a completely different bike. Everything I threw at it, it ate up and then said, give me more. The more I threw at it the faster the bike went. So much so, that I need to take my skill level up a knotch in order to keep up with the bike and the suss..

Craig is a guru and I encourage anyone who thinks that their bike doesn't feel right to give hima a call and or shoot him an e-mail. He's not doing to well right now, shoulder is all blown up, but he'll give you an answer to why it's not working. I'm not an employee or am I affiliated in anyway with Avalanche, I just push a good product. This isn't good it's great. :thumb:

Thanks to Bull Crew and Craig for making my Jedi a DH Racing Machine!

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
The condensed version LOL.... Nice write up Dom.
Yeah the Woodie feels better on the bike than the other shocks ive ridden. Solid and consistant as well as at speed it really opens up and performs...

Have you had the knolly out yet????

Heres Dom getting down a bit:

Last edited:

Dominator13

Chimp
Oct 19, 2006
I don't know if you have this problem, but I don't want to ride anything but the Jedi right now! The Knolly is a great bike and tons of fun to ride, but man am I in love with riding the Jedi! Is this wrong?

So, to answer your question, I haven't tried the DT with the DHS yet.

Dominator13

Chimp
Oct 19, 2006
hey, whats up with the spring spacers... or are those bearings? nice write up, I miss my dhs

Good eye! Yes, those are needle bearings that I'm giving a try. They make sense, but Craig (Avy) says "they really start working when you get into the 500lb.+ springs..."

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Interested on some info for the DT. I have the same bike and was curious about other shocks. I'm riding an RC4 now...

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
I don't know if you have this problem, but I don't want to ride anything but the Jedi right now! The Knolly is a great bike and tons of fun to ride, but man am I in love with riding the Jedi! Is this wrong?

So, to answer your question, I haven't tried the DT with the DHS yet.
Dom thats why I have only 1 bike, anything else is a waste of money and gets sold always LOL.....:thumb:

So yes I'd say I have that issue as well.....:D

Karpi thats why I went back, LOL. Tried True and reliable...I Trust it in any rock chute and landing.

Looking forward to reviews and updates Dom... It only gets better as you push harder....

Last edited: