Quantcast

I guess the police cracking down Drunk driving this weekend was effective

splat

Nam I am
I passed 2 riders who were most deffiantly DWI riders this morning,

the first wearing slacks , Wingtips and a button down Shirt with his attache case Bungy cordered on the rack.

he was on a older yet decent bike , his wing tips fit nicely in the toe clips.

and he almost go him self run over making a left turn in front of a car

the second guy was on a POS mt bike dressed nicely using a messenger bag. and had a towel or something else under the strap of the messenger bag to cushion it on him.

niether one looked very comfortable out there riding. I just said Hias i Buzzed right by them .

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
On my way to work, I passed a guy talking on his cel phone...while riding his bike.
i do that all the time at work. earpiece from radio in left ear and my phone held up to my right ear while i'm cruising around in a circle with no hands on the bars. my recently retired partner had a bluetooth headset and would randomly start a conversation but i would always think he was talking to me ;) i just make sure i'm off of the road when i'm talking on my phone.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I went through my first DUI checkpoint on Saturday night while I was in California (they don't do that stuff around here). The cop said my bike looked fast as he scoped my Oregon license and plates.

There was 4 active arrests and one tow truck in progress when I stopped. Some serious coin was made that night, I'm sure. I averaged $150 for less than an hours work on DUI calls when I was a driver.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
I went through my first DUI checkpoint on Saturday night while I was in California (they don't do that stuff around here). The cop said my bike looked fast as he scoped my Oregon license and plates.

There was 4 active arrests and one tow truck in progress when I stopped. Some serious coin was made that night, I'm sure. I averaged $150 for less than an hours work on DUI calls when I was a driver.
I wish they did random stops or checkpoints up here.....my wife's car was totaled by some POS drunk without insurance. I hear they used to do random pull overs after midnight in Mac

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I passed 2 riders who were most deffiantly DWI riders this morning,

the first wearing slacks , Wingtips and a button down Shirt with his attache case Bungy cordered on the rack.

he was on a older yet decent bike , his wing tips fit nicely in the toe clips.

and he almost go him self run over making a left turn in front of a car

the second guy was on a POS mt bike dressed nicely using a messenger bag. and had a towel or something else under the strap of the messenger bag to cushion it on him.

niether one looked very comfortable out there riding. I just said Hias i Buzzed right by them .
I've sold a few bikes to DUI convictions. Sometimes they become hardcore bikers when they get away from their cars and/or the booze.

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
this months maxim has an article about running from addiciton (or something like that), basically peeps trade addiction of drugs/booze for addiction of endorphines and all the other cool **** released into the blood stream. one of the dudes is now a world renown runner (ran across the sahara and other crazy f'ing places) he says he averages 40-50 miles a DAY running