Quantcast

I hate computer support!

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Its sad. I am sitting here enjoying my Sunday, and a good friend calls.

I pick it the phone, and my buddy wants me to explain how to run the anti-virus software I installed on his system a few months ago.

10 minutes later, I've broken furniture, slammed my phone against the wall, and he still hasn't figured out how to click on the icon to start his anti-virus software.

I hate helping friends (I should write idiots) who don't know computers with their computer problems.

stringcheese

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Golden, CO
Last sunday I accidentally exploded at my roommate when he asked if I could help him set up some database thingy. I was just waking up and without even thinking about it I was like "I DON'T GIVE A **** ABOUT THAT RIGHT NOW!!!!" and he was shocked and I felt kinda bad. But really, that stuff gets SO old.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
My mother is THE WORST. I had her call me asking "how to get to Google." After coming home, I found her with two Microsoft Word windows open...

CHOP

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
Rivermont, Va
I have a guy at work who will ask me how to fix a problem on his computer. I tell him and a few weeks later he will ask me the same thing over again. When I ask him if he tried what I originally told him, he always replies, "no". Gets on my damn nerves.

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
I always end up hurting myself every time I have complications on my computer because I slam the table with my fist and I didn't see the sharp object. But in the end I always figure it out. After cursing at it of course. Where would this world be with out curse words. I love them...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
My mom likes to call my with obscure Mac problems. I did have an OS-X box for a year, but I'm no expert.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Yeah I was poking around with post numbers and postcount and found one deleted before I got to my own in this thread.

I install Ubuntu on friend's machines when they want free technical support and only give them enough direction to launch and install apps from add/remove gui. Usually they are perplexed enough not to try anything stupid and it works out well the few times I've done it on old systems that were too fouled up to spend time cleaning.

I also setup machines dual boot for friends and family with Ubuntu as a backup parachute...