Quantcast

I hate MD....

Mar 27, 2004
baltimore and boulder
So im back in MD, tried to go riding yesterday. Drove 15 minutes to the bmx track which apparently is now a closed track except during designated practice times, chained off and tarped over. Drove another 20 minutes to some dirt jumps that I rode last year(which are made out of sand pretty much) and when I got there they were all but destroyed by rain and lack of upkeep. So it looks like the closest place to do anything but cross country and road is about 50 minutes away. Welcome home....

DHblur

Monkey
Jul 23, 2003
Arvada, CO
I won't tell you then that Luke Strom, Cole Bangert, Watt, Ignatew, etc. all had a session at Arbor today. But if it makes you feel any better, I was at home doing homework before I have to leave for Big Bear.

You missed a good race at Nathrop last weekend too. Not too much wind, it was warm.... Good times for sure.

We'll see ya in WV.

Ascentrek

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Golden, CO
Sorry to hear that MD isn't as fun as CO. Sometimes we take for granted what we really have.

For what its worth, do some urban / Trials type work before you come back out. You'd be surprised what a little bike trials will do for your bike handling skills (if you don't do it already).

Get back out here soon.

Mar 27, 2004
baltimore and boulder
Haha, funny you should mention that, I am a former pro trials rider(although not a great one) and a trialsin usa team rider. You're right however, the skills from that have helped out alot in everything else.

I am gonna work on my "street' skills, that is doing things with speed, manualing, wallriding ect. because uhh... I suck at it.